Unsung Forum »
Yo Jojo!

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Gnomon
Gnomon
1121 posts

Yo Jojo!
Apr 14, 2004, 22:17
Did you get to see Jonathan Richman, aqk?

Went to see him in Brum last night. Really enjoyed it. Not content with self taught Spanish, he's now delighting us with dialogue and songs in French and Italian!

A great performer.
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Re: Yo Jojo!
Apr 14, 2004, 23:41
Last year, I couldn't fill all my guest list places. So, this year I over compensated in asking. Couldn't decide who to turn down So, woring on the basis that (great though it was) I got totally depressed last time I let everyone else go and sat at home.

watching Chicago. My, that cheered me no end :-/
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Apr 14, 2004, 23:43
He did German, Italiam, French spanish, Hebrew and something else le last year. I think the latter one he was relying on us not knowing.
Nat Hate
Nat Hate
445 posts

Apr 15, 2004, 09:10
I caught him in Bristol on Easter Sunday. Great gig, but I ended the night fed up after having to deal with a two and half hour trip home on rail replacement buses.
But the gig was excellent! Wish he brought some of his CDs to sell though.
duckbreath
254 posts

Apr 15, 2004, 12:22
i think the foreign language songs are my favourite even though i have no idea what he's singing about

has he a new records out? it's always really hard to find his albums

a friend once made me a cassette box set of his later solo albums ('jonathan sings' 'i jonathan' 'jonathan goes country' 'rockin and romance' 'jonathan richman' and 'modern lovers 88') but i dont think they're available anywhere on CD - anyone know where to get hold of them?
Nat Hate
Nat Hate
445 posts

Apr 15, 2004, 13:03
keymailorder.com has got quite a few of them and you can get a fair few of them from any of the bigger online music shops - hmv.co.uk, mvc.co.uk, amazon.co.uk etc. They just all seem to be so expensive!
Unsung Forum Index