The boy-band-that-is-The Alarm

Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Re: Ha!! I was on Get Fresh!!
Feb 23, 2004, 16:45
You're a bit of a telly tart aren't you Nat? Blimey, I dunno!
Nat
Nat
1905 posts

Feb 23, 2004, 16:47
Just the once... I don't include my many appearances on Terry and Gaby coz that was in the audience.. I participated on Get Fresh!! tee hee...

(Shhhh Vybik John is going on Trisha!!)

Nxxx
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Feb 23, 2004, 16:52
>Shhhh Vybik John is going on Trisha!!<

Is Trisha getting reinforced prior to this momentous event?!

*runs for cover*
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7720 posts

Feb 23, 2004, 17:02
On my next visit to Balham I shall just bounce up to the door, flatten it and continue through your living room, destroying everything in my path. I shall then crash through the windows into the garden and proceed to crush all living things in my way (including your fox). Destruction will continue as I proceed unchecked (and unstoppable) onto Tooting Common.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7720 posts

Feb 23, 2004, 17:02
You bastard.
keith a
9574 posts

Re: Someone Please invent Time Travel!!
Feb 24, 2004, 01:06
Yes, this is pretty weird!

A mate of mine was into them so I got to see them a few times (Buckley, Mold, Chester) and I have to admit I liked them at the time, but as I said, punk kind of killed them off. I still remember a punk I knew having seen them live and complaining that they'd done a number about dolphins - "in 1977 for gods sake"!!

Did you ever hear their vaguely new wave single Rockin' Rachmaninov? It was almost a bit of a novelty type 45 - Peel played it apparently. Still got a copy somewhere!
keith a
9574 posts

Re: ...also...the Damned....
Feb 24, 2004, 01:11
And let's not forget the Teardrops at Chester Arts Centre, summer 1979, when they were supported by the Bunnymen. Delayed going to a caravan in Towyn till the following day, so I could go!

Got there early and heard some of the TX soundcheck. The Bunnymen were excellent, and though I'd heard Sleeping Gas ep and liked it, I wondered how the TX were gonna follow them. But follow them they did. Absolutely superb. Probably explains my presence here now ; )
keith a
9574 posts

Re: Oh Yes......
Feb 24, 2004, 01:13
Hope I gave you something!
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Damned Rachmaninov!!
Feb 24, 2004, 12:53
Keith, Sorry for the delay!

I remember the Teardrops/Bunnymen gig being on- but I never made it....quite apathetic! I always have this attitude of -"Oh...I'll catch them again sometime.....
My mate saw Buzzcocks in the Tiv in Buckley with Barry Adamson on Bass....missed that one too!...

...as for Hieronymous Bosch- remember that song they used to end every set ......'Sacrifice' !! :-I
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Feb 24, 2004, 13:00
much like your last visit then!
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index