"a good piece of art"

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Glam Descendant
1539 posts

"a good piece of art"
Jan 27, 2004, 16:33
http://makeashorterlink.com/?H33453537

LONDON (Reuters) - Imagine you wrote a great pop song. Now imagine you get to watch Britney Spears, Beyonce and Pink all sing it together. On a giant set in Rome. With Enrique Iglesias.

"I will die happy," said Brian May, guitarist for the group Queen whose hit anthem "We will Rock You" is being made into -- of all things -- a Pepsi commercial with the three priciest divas in pop and the world's number one Latin heartthrob.

May insisted the project wasn't a sell-out.

"I think in the end, it will be a good piece of art.
There is more money and more talent per second in an ad than in anything else," he told Reuters.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: "a good piece of art"
Jan 27, 2004, 18:02
Time to puke! (Uuuullppp!!!!!)
Lugia
970 posts

Jan 27, 2004, 19:48
"I think in the end, it will be a good piece of art.
There is more money and more talent per second in an ad than in anything else," he told Reuters.

And when, exactly, did Brian May get his lobotomy?
keith a
9573 posts

Jan 27, 2004, 23:47
well there's more talent in an ad than a Queen record!
Bess Keloid
Bess Keloid
348 posts

Jan 28, 2004, 01:00
>well there's more talent in an ad than a Queen record!

Now now. Queen have had some ace moments in the past (early-mid 70s especially). Anyone else heard the 'Dynamite With A Laserbeam' comp LP with Melt Banana, The Locust, Glass Candy etc? Probably one of the best tribute albums ever.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Jan 28, 2004, 01:12
Yeah, Queen aren't popular here for playing South Africa, but they were quite campy for a heavy rock band.
Nat Hate
Nat Hate
445 posts

Jan 28, 2004, 08:51
Brian May and Roger Taylor seem to be going from strength to strength in being crap. First they make a Queen album without Freddie, then they do that atrocious 5ive record, then rumours of them touring with Robbie "Spew" Williams playing Freddie's part, now this.
My full respect to John Deacon who seems to shy away from all this awful crap.

Queen were ace.
keith a
9573 posts

Jan 28, 2004, 09:55
always thought that Deacon was the talented one meself ; )

(well he did write You're My Best Friend, one of the less preposterous Queen songs!)

But Lawrence, as much as I liked Bolan's feather boa and as much as I love the camp archiness of the PSB's, 'campy' doesn't *automatically* mean good!!

I've hated Queen for many years now, though I must admit i find them mildly fascinating (and Bicycle Race creases me up!) ...
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Jan 28, 2004, 10:11
"...it will be a good piece of art. There is more money (...) per second in an ad than in anything else."
So throwing money at shit can turn it into good art, can it? What a fucking twat.
All it will be is a tacky parade of over-paid whores flogging tooth-rotting sugar water to kids.
Yeah. Great art, Brian.

(no offence to whores intended)
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Jan 28, 2004, 10:34
>>quite(?) campy

Who said you Americans don't do irony?
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index