Led Zep kick ass

Pages: 28 – [ Previous | 123 24 25 26 27 28 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
booga
booga
129 posts

Re: "For Badge Holders Only"
Sep 08, 2003, 22:29
Hey, lemme tell ya that Paice was better than both of 'em. At least until 1975 after which time he instantly turned poo.
Nukleopatra
Nukleopatra
186 posts

Re: Led Zep kick ass
Sep 14, 2003, 01:39
I can't believe I missed this thread. I'm only halfway through it. Might as well add my two cents:

If John Bonham hadn't died (#1 tragedy in rock and roll) they would, IMO, still be going strong today, having continued to evolve and refusing to grow stagnant; "In Through The Out Door" would not be seen as an underwhelming farewell (my $0.02 and that one: I love Carouselambra, In The Evening, and All My Love; the rest is inessential) but a transitional album that would have led to their most excitingly experimental album since Houses Of The Holy (personal 2nd fave after Physical Graffiti.)

And I might as well put in another plug for Robert Plant's 2002 Dreamland album: unsung; Darkness, Darkness and Hey Joe rock. Buy it or rent it.

Thanks for this thread, Seth.

xxoo
'patra
AHAB
109 posts

Re: Sex and the Zep
Sep 15, 2003, 18:38
fucking stupid bitch, i don't care if he farts.
evermore
1 posts

Nov 17, 2004, 23:19
How the fuck did queen win the 70s vote in that shite program UK Music Hall of fame?
Mrs Ahab
Mrs Ahab
1138 posts

Nov 17, 2004, 23:39
how the fuck did you find this?
keith a
9573 posts

Nov 18, 2004, 00:18
I'm guessing, but I suppose people voted for them ; )
The Seth Man
1242 posts

Does anybody remember laughter?
Nov 26, 2006, 17:31
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
The Seth Man
1242 posts

Led Zep kick ass
Nov 26, 2006, 19:43
Exhibit a v 2.0:

For finding the bridge James Brown couldn't. Givvitomeh!
The Seth Man
1242 posts

Led Zep kick ass
Nov 26, 2006, 20:22
Exhibit b v 2.0:

For never listening to critics of their music.
The Seth Man
1242 posts

Aug 02, 2015, 04:03
The "Presence" and "Coda" Super Deluxe Box Sets arrived yesterday and:

The Zeppelin has landed...Square on my head.

The companion disc of "Coda" is chock full of surprises, "Presence" sounds even better than it always did and I've read both hardcover books twice.

I drove in the sunshine cranking "Heartbreaker"/"Whole Lotta Love" and for a period of time, all life became one sunny, rockin', rollin' moment of pure joy where everything and nothing mattered at the same time.

My musical G-spot is currently a 12" x 12" rubber trampoline with Led Zeppelin bouncing harder and higher with every hour.

I don't listen to Led Zeppelin once in a blue moon, but I did last night when there was an actual one and it fucking ROCKED. Some magical sauvignon blanc aided and abetted cojoining with my Muse as it levitated, elevated and elated me like the crazy Motherfucker I am / right on for the real heads / And then I realised several things:

The sacred landscape IS
The origin of the world IS
The Muse.

The Source of all Muse-ic.
And love.

If god is love and love is blind, then Stevie Wonder must be god.

But if love is communication, then all art is love because it communicates...but only to those with an open heart, mind and soul.

And you gotta be tight -- but just as loose. Be all opposing principles of the Uni-Verse and never lose your centre.

I always return to this quote in the beginning of the Ritchie Yorke book on Zeppelin because it rings truer with each passing year. I think Led Zeppelin were:

"...dedicated to the notion that this music of ours can still be just like it used to be if we try to forget the horseshit and the hype and the hysteria and simply dig it for what it was.

And to sensitvity and serenity,
wherever they may be found..."

Led Zeppelin are occupying my larger mind in the biggest way imaginable and if their music was a woman? Forget about it -- I would kiss all five of her zones with every inch of my love, with love and pure gratitude.

Zep rant over. Over to you, Moon Cat, Morfe, HI DEN...
Pages: 28 – [ Previous | 123 24 25 26 27 28 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index