Unsung Forum »
Led Zep kick ass

Pages: 28 – [ Previous | 114 15 16 17 18 19 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Led Zep kick ass
Sep 04, 2003, 23:14
Boffo sleeves with spinning wheels, little changey windows & paper bags with water colour reactive dots on the innersleeve.

Having a tune used as the Top Of The Pop's theme in the 70's & the drum n bassed up version of more recent times.

Jimmy Page's glowing red eyes as he turns to the camera on the lake at Boleskin Manor in The Song Remains The Same.

The zither as rock sppoooooooiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnghhhhh.

Starship One. After that, everyone wanted one!

Not allowing tunes to be used on Now That's What I Call The Best Rock Album Ever VII

The samples on the Beastie Boys Licensed To Ill.

The Led Zep Immigrant Song kitten's in their Viking Boat on reallyrathergood.com

For appearing in a marvel comic addition of Moon Knight drawn by the great Bill Sienkewiscz as a rock band in a club (Plant & Bonham at least)

For Jaz Coleman of Killing Joke being so in awe he made a classical album of Led Zep covers.
The Seth Man
1242 posts

Sep 04, 2003, 23:15
Exhibit N.4:

For Percy "flying the flag" in Newcastle, 1971 (A Union Jack patch sewn on his jeans, placed to utilise his fly as a mast)

Kick ass
Lawrence
9547 posts

Sep 04, 2003, 23:17
Jaz said in an interview he did his Zep record for the money and didn't like Zep.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Sep 04, 2003, 23:19
Jaz sez lots of things.
The Seth Man
1242 posts

Led Zep kick ass
Sep 04, 2003, 23:21
Exhibit O.4:

For "The Immigrant Song" and it's Wodenist frenzy, undoubtedly induced by consumption of pre-battle bread stained with ergot, Hoo Yeah!

("Valhalla....I am coming")

Kick ass
morfe lux
301 posts

Sep 04, 2003, 23:22
Percy, for being a local hero. As 21 yr old me, in process of being introduced to him by two of his friends (my best friend's ma and pa) in Stourbridge pub, I ran, ran, ran as his head was turning in my direction. Never lived it down. So in AWE of the Zeppelin it was a gut reaction. What a gurl.
The Seth Man
1242 posts

Led Zep kick ass
Sep 04, 2003, 23:24
Exhibit P.4:

For Percy's persistent cries live in concert of:
"Yi, yi, yi, yi, yi!" just like the way dogs do when their tails are on fire

Kick ass
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Sep 04, 2003, 23:27
For being the gateway to copping off with Sarah Land in the 2nd year at her party.
morfe lux
301 posts

Sep 04, 2003, 23:35
For being, collectively, a giant flying 777 jetliner , painted like a hotdog, powered by patchouli scented ganj resin and squirting lurve ketchup from the four exhaust nozzles, flying as easily from the sun to the moon and back they made it look like childsplay. Denim patchpocket jouissance meets dark lochs and goldilocks.
The Seth Man
1242 posts

Led Zep kick ass
Sep 04, 2003, 23:42
Exhibit Q.4:

For recording "All Of My Love" and hearing it for the first time on a Long Island beach when I was sixteen...Once it was over, my first girlfriend and I had both lost our virginity

Now THAT kicked ass
Pages: 28 – [ Previous | 114 15 16 17 18 19 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index