Unsung Forum »
"(Don't Fear) The Reaper"

Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
The Seth Man
1242 posts

"(Don't Fear) The Reaper"
Jun 21, 2003, 21:49
Caught in an eternal looping of "(Don't Fear The Reaper"...easily 50+ successive spins today

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

It's thundering like crazy here -- I can hear it even through my Sennheiser HD600 (despite the Kevlar-encased cables)

Have mercy on me, Eric Bloom: I take it all back...you do NOT look like Jeff Lynne, you're a true elder to be respected

ow, ow, OWWWWWWWWW... baby, that last one wuz TOO close. Mercy!
Dwight Fried
543 posts

Re: "(Don't Fear) The Reaper"
Jun 21, 2003, 22:51
Guess what? I got a FEVER and the only prescription is MORE COWBELL!!!!!
The Seth Man
1242 posts

All Our Times Have Come...
Jun 21, 2003, 23:12
It's still going on....pushing 70 plays

Oh, sorry, Dwight Fried: what you mean, cowbells?

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

"Romeo and Juliet
Are together in eternity..."
Dwight Fried
543 posts

Re: All Our Times Have Come...
Jun 21, 2003, 23:30
There was a hilarious 'Behind the Music' parody on SNL a few years back with Christopher Walken as BOC's producer which focused on DFTRs' prominent cowbell work. One of the funniest things I've ever seen.
VH1 Classic have shown a live version that is so bad it's almost surreal. And WTF is up with Buck Dharma's outfit in the 'Burnin' For You' video?
The Seth Man
1242 posts

Here But Now They're Gone...
Jun 21, 2003, 23:55
Yup, saw it

The outfit? Hahahahahahahahaha

(Reaching for my satin BOC jacket with the evil questionmark logo on the back and "Fuck Karma" embroidered on the front....hey: It still fits!)

"(Don't Fear) The Reaper"....still in progress...probably 80 times by now oh the joys of infinite repeat on CD players and headphnoes)
The Seth Man
1242 posts

Romeo And Juliet...
Jun 22, 2003, 05:25
...are together in eternity

As is "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" and my brain pan because I spent 4.5 hours straight listening to it, took a break with some Alice Cooper, went to a friend's house to help him bail out his flooded basement, drove home like the guy in the video for "Burnin' For You"...

hahahahahahahahahaha

...and then put the headphones back on and it's been nothing but "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" for the past half an hour, because I actually wanted to and just to see if I could take it and now I'm scared because I love it and I'm "starting to fly..."

(Must run, the cowbells are starting up again...)
Dwight Fried
543 posts

Trust me , guys.....
Jun 22, 2003, 08:23
...you're gonna want that cowbell in there!
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

You can
Jun 22, 2003, 12:20
be like they are!

Here's hoping you get skipped into Tattoo Vampire and decide to head for the shower ;-)

Go was down with a few bars of VisionCreationNewsun you beardie weirdy Viet-vet you!

Onwards and sideways
The Seth Man
1242 posts

And it was clear she couldn't go on...
Jun 22, 2003, 16:29
...As if!

Interrupted by only six hours of sleep, I'm back in the "Reaper" saddle!

Hahahahahaha

(It's beginning to remind me of "Eight Miles High" on mandrax and cough syrup)
Dwight Fried
543 posts

We'll be able to fly.....
Jun 22, 2003, 19:13
Warning:The Surgeon General has determined that prolonged exposure to Blue Oyster Cult can be hazardous to your health. Rock on Seth Man!
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index