Unsung Forum »
You learn something new every day

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
cancer boy
cancer boy
977 posts

You learn something new every day
Apr 15, 2003, 21:55
Apparently Chris Judge Smith of Van der Graaf Generator wrote the song "Gob on You", as featured in Not the Nine O'Clock News. An achievement that rivals Peter Hammill's appearance in pink tights singing about King Arthur on Playaway

Plenty more at:

http://www.fuzzlogic.com/vdgg/

and

http://www.vandergraafgenerator.co.uk/
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Re: You learn something new every day
Apr 16, 2003, 11:09
Pym Fortuyn (Dutch politician) was shot be a guy called van der Graaf.
ratcni01
ratcni01
916 posts

Apr 16, 2003, 12:15
Really ... that pym fortyn got a right slating in Searchlight, desrevedly so from what I've read there and elsewhere. Bit extreme shooting the guy, normally these fascist groups self-destruct due to in-fighting anyway. There's a round of that going on in the BNP again at the moment, which was nice!

I work with some Dutch quite regulalry from Rotterdam and opinion is evenly divided between heroin and cocaine - err.. i mean it surprised me when they seemed to quite like this pym bloke and i'd thought they were kinda normal peeps, perhaps not! euw!!
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Apr 16, 2003, 12:20
No support from me for Fortuyn or his party, it was just the name connection because I saw the shooting piece in The Metro today.

Two more HH connections in The Metro today:

The summit on the future of Iraq took place in Ur

There's a piece that mentions the frightening amount of advertising we are subjected to each day that echoes stuff Grufty Jim has been saying for a while
ratcni01
ratcni01
916 posts

Apr 16, 2003, 12:31
hey jon didn't think you'd be a supporter, he was a immigrant hating, right wing idiot - prolly not the most likely pollyticks of a head!!

i did a pome about images in yer head - a la nasty bit of work advetisers, one day when i get me website up and running it'll get published!! cloud cuckoo land here we come
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Apr 16, 2003, 12:41
"The summit on the future of Iraq took place in Ur"

The bloke in charge of overseeing this said on the radio yesterday that it was o fitting that they were having the meeting in the place where civilisation began. I was waiting for him to say "...because we have ended it". He didn't.
Unsung Forum Index