U-Know! Forum »
insomnia

Pages: 4 – [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
dizzyfarie
152 posts

insomnia
Jan 21, 2003, 02:14
dude!its now 2am and rather than th peaceful, long, replenishing sleep that mi fiends, r most certainli indulgin in i am awaitin along nite of watchin th learnin zone and feelin like death.does ne1 hav a cure?a cheap cure.preferabli free, in fact.and if ne1 suggests counting sheep-grrrrr!i am not a hapi buni, i've had about 1, mabey 2 hourssleep in th last 4 days, cum on!it's so not gud!even th internet doesnt seem fun wen ur eyelids r lead and u cant even b arsed lookin 4 sumfin nu and excitin yet alone xplore it.plz help, guys, u've neva let me down b4!love dizzy xXx
RiotGibbon
1527 posts

Re: insomnia
Jan 21, 2003, 02:25
I'm still up, putting the finishing touches to an article for Headpress about the Autopsy ...

nearly 800,000 people have seen the exhibition ...
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Jan 21, 2003, 11:49
buy some valerian tincture or tablets and get a few of those down you. U wnt b abl 2 gt up in the mrning. Always works a treat for me.
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Jan 21, 2003, 11:58
Just remember that when it recommends drinking LOTS of water, it's not bloody joking. Makes me feel like I've drank a half bottle of whisky, but without the fun.
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Jan 21, 2003, 12:49
Spend some time learning how to spell properly. That should send you to sleep and make it easier for people to understand you into the bargain :-)

He who loathes 'txt-spk',

FourWinds :-)
YerArseInParsley
365 posts

Jan 21, 2003, 13:10
Thats might be winter depression rather than insomnia. Get on a cheap flight to Spain for the weekend. Or before noon go for a walk until you are too tired to walk any further, then get a bus home.
Or ask someone you really fancy out. Or decide to stay up all night and do something really dull like translating the a Shekespeare play into txt-msg language. I love the airy dreamy feeling you get after a few days without sleep, it feels like swallowing dope.
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Jan 21, 2003, 14:30
Right now i'm in the middle of a rare period of sleeping well. I tend to suffer bouts of acute insomnia for a couple of months followed by a week or two of great sleep. Sadly, after many years, i still haven't found just what the hell it is that dispels the insomnia.

I experience bouts of depression, stress and anxiety - all of which can cause insomnia, and all of which can be a result of insomnia (so something of a chicken & egg thing there). I also have regular nightmares, which i've been told could be generating a lot of subconscious anxiety about going to sleep, which obviously doesn't help.

I've tried just about everything - sleeping pills of all descriptions, herbal and homeopathic remedies, physical exercise, chewing particular roots or the bark from specific trees, mental exercises / techniques. And nothing seems to work.

I do take a very strong sleeping pill / painkiller when i get a migraine and that sorts out my insomnia a treat - but they're prescription only, and besides, they aren't the kind of thing you want to be taking on a regular basis.

So yeah, i'm afraid i can't really offer much advice on how to cure your insomnia; merely the moral support of knowing you're far from the only one who's suffering. Also; i've managed to adapt to my insomnia and use it as a springboard to write meandering, surreal, semi-fictional stories whilst suffering from sleep-deprivation.
dizzyfarie
152 posts

Jan 21, 2003, 17:15
maybe i cud spell if i wasnt so damn tired and im sori im nt th bigest fan of txt languagebt itsinfiltrat8 me2 th core.love dizzy xXx
dizzyfarie
152 posts

Jan 21, 2003, 17:16
i sed cheap.love dizzy xXx
dizzyfarie
152 posts

Jan 21, 2003, 20:22
thanku, i think urs will b th advice i'll follow cos its not far off wot i alreadi do and i suppose th xtra hours r useful.god, i love th cure.sori, im watchin neva enuf!love dizzy xXx
Pages: 4 – [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index