Julian Cope presents Head Heritage

Head To Head
Log In
Register
U-Know! Forum »
Brexit and the UK food industry.
Log In to post a reply

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Locodogz
Locodogz
232 posts

Re: Brexit and the UK food industry.
May 24, 2017, 11:48
Ah lil' ole' Dhaji you are funny

Love the way yous always up fer a whumpin'! Good job 'ole' dhajis got broad shoulders. yessum siree

My hero.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Re: Brexit and the UK food industry.
May 24, 2017, 12:00
Yup...
ole dhajjie has got broad shoulders indeed.
All ya all gonna need broad shoulders too.
Its looking as if May/Brexit is a shoe-in...
Even in spite of all the heroics posted here-abouts.
Things are fix'in to change.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
5878 posts

Re: Brexit and the UK food industry.
May 24, 2017, 16:46
Happy to repost exactly the same link again as you seem to have overlooked it: http://www.labour.org.uk/page/-/Images/manifesto-2017/labour-manifesto-2017.pdf

Not sure what you define as "the Left" in the USA, sure isn't Hillary Clinton though.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
5878 posts

Re: Brexit and the UK food industry.
May 24, 2017, 16:59
So you didn't even bother to read the article that this thread is about, but felt the need to comment anyway.

Your post has nothing to do with the thread, which if you'd read the article is about our food industry's reliance on EU workers.

To answer your off-topic post, the fact is whoever gets in is going to be in a world of shit caused by the Brexit black hole. Labour have produced a costed manifesto detailing how they would make the best of a bad situation and try to improve things for the worst off. The Conservatives have produced an uncosted manifesto which contains policies that will most negatively affect the poorest, the disabled and the elderly (oh and foxes).

I don't need to write a manifesto, I'm not running for election. But like all of us I have to make a choice at the ballot box. My choice is to try to remove a government that in my opinion has brought immeasurable suffering to many while syphoning off our taxes into the hands of the richest.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Re: Brexit and the UK food industry.
May 24, 2017, 17:09
thesweetcheat wrote:
Happy to repost exactly the same link again as you seem to have overlooked it: http://www.labour.org.uk/page/-/Images/manifesto-2017/labour-manifesto-2017.pdf

Not sure what you define as "the Left" in the USA, sure isn't Hillary Clinton though.


That's the 2nd time you have willfully mistaken my wanting to see in writing a voice of the "Left" manifesto for the 'Labour' manifesto...
You are very soon to find out that Mr. Corbyn is hardly the voice of Labour or the 'Left' either.
{more likely the voice of the 'Dole'}
I'm not sure that the U.K. is about to make the right choice, but I myself will respect the will of it's people.
The membership here, has made it quite clear that it won't.
Considering that the collective voice of this sub-forum represents such a minority voice at large....I don't think much that will be said here will matter much.
Anyhow...buckle up...its gonna be a wild ride real soon.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
5878 posts

Re: Brexit and the UK food industry.
May 24, 2017, 17:25
Clearly I don't understand your definition of "left". In the UK Labour is considered to be the main left of centre party. I'm pretty sure all the UK posters here would agree on that much.

The policies in the Labour manifesto are considered left wing in the UK. In fact the right wing press continue to characterise them as "hard left", but compared with other countries they could be considered centre-left.

How would you define "left" then if you don't consider Labour to be "the Left"?
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4704 posts

Re: Brexit and the UK food industry.
May 24, 2017, 18:00
thesweetcheat wrote:
So you didn't even bother to read the article that this thread is about, but felt the need to comment anyway.

Your post has nothing to do with the thread, which if you'd read the article is about our food industry's reliance on EU workers.

To answer your off-topic post, the fact is whoever gets in is going to be in a world of shit caused by the Brexit black hole. Labour have produced a costed manifesto detailing how they would make the best of a bad situation and try to improve things for the worst off. The Conservatives have produced an uncosted manifesto which contains policies that will most negatively affect the poorest, the disabled and the elderly (oh and foxes).

I don't need to write a manifesto, I'm not running for election. But like all of us I have to make a choice at the ballot box. My choice is to try to remove a government that in my opinion has brought immeasurable suffering to many while syphoning off our taxes into the hands of the richest.


Good luck with that.

Over half the nation voted to leave Europe - something you and the other bloke did not accept. You didn't even have the grace to congratulate the winners (your fellow countryman) to your shame. Sour grapes with toys flying everywhere and still doing so like spoilt brats.

We have now reached the stage, like it or not, where we all have to decide who is the best leader to see us through this historic moment in our history. As far as I can tell there are only two options - Corbyn or May.
In my world Corbyn has absolutely no chance of succeeding. A very nice guy by all accounts but not the person to be trusted to get the best deal for us. Half his own party want him out so that says it all surely.

The Brexiteers will flood to vote for Mrs May, not all because they are conservatives, but because they know she has her hand on the trigger. I will, for the first time in my 70 years, vote for the conservatives on this issue ALONE to see my wishes come true. For you it will be seen as a nightmare and I understand that, but on this one occasion, Brexit has to come first.

I've said this before but you don't listen - the Brexit negotiations are 100% top of the list at this very moment in time, the rest on hold. I'm sure that once this vote is over other vitally important issues will begin to be dealt with. Patience is a virtue.

Naturally I will expect you and others to disagree on every count, but I'm afraid that is what is going to happen unless something extraordinary happens in the meantime!
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
5878 posts

Re: Brexit and the UK food industry.
May 24, 2017, 18:36
May is scared of the public. She can't put across her own manifesto policies coherently when asked by interviewers. She only takes vetted questions from vetted journalists. She has backtracked and U-turned on dozens of issues when challenged. Weak and wobbly is definitely the impression she's been giving.

David Davies is incapable and has no understanding of either EU law or economics. Don't even start on Boris Johnson and Liam Fox.

Corbyn on the other hand is measured, unflustered and has been consistent in his views. He wants to reach diplomatic agreement, not flounce out on "no deal". Kier Starmer is a QC, he understands the law and has made a successful career out of developing a position and carrying an argument. Which team would I prefer to have negotiating with other EU countries? No contest.

The Conservatives have been in power for 7 years. They've doubled the debt while slashing services, all without the added financial pressure of Brexit. Your faith in them doing the right thing at some unspecified date in the future is based on a very poor track record in government so far. Why aren't you asking what they've spent all that money on?

Brexit seems to be like a religious mania. It eclipses all other concerns and its fanatics can't understand that any other business of a government; health, education, welfare, housing, the environment, security must continue to be managed as well. Give May her "strong hand" for negotiating if you will, but don't be surprised when her government continue their existing path in all those other areas in the meantime.

As for the "not congratulating" you thing, you keep bringing that up. You seem to be rather fragile in your victory that you need us to congratulate you. It's not a cricket match. What did you actually do to bring about the great triumph, other than voting? I did that too. Well done us, we were heroic.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Edited May 24, 2017, 18:54
Re: Brexit and the UK food industry.
May 24, 2017, 18:49
Well....you are obviously not going to take a crack at what is the "left" these days other than to keep posting the 'Labour' manifesto...
Rightly so, I guess...who really knows what the fuck it is these days.

My view of what the left 'is' has become grotesquely skewed by world leaders in situ as well as years of gleaning this forums 'insights' as well as my own personal meanderings.

Stream of consciousness..bear with me...

my view of what the left .....was.....

Blue-white collar WORKING class individuals who for the most part HAD some intellectual curiosity...generally well read and not too extremist/judgmental in points of view...happy to get on with life's simple pleasures...
Can't be bothered about weather or not every goddamn thing at the grocery was 'ecologically' sourced or not...{sure as fuck doesn't survive on Mung beans either...}
Yet does have a reverence and respect for the natural world.
Likes a good beer, shot of whiskey, a little reefer now and again, old motorcycles, guitars and vacuum tube amps, record players and albums, fishing, keeping his/her word on things...
Puts family first. Has a sense of piety/loyalty/kindness...
Wouldn't even consider a hand-out when it could be earned.

Something along those lines....

My view of what the 'Left' has become?

Well...here is where age and lines of thinking from forums like these has led me to believe...
Apologists for extremist zealotry that leads to 'justifiable' mass murder..
Apologists for mass murdering {?} monsters that kill the poorest of their own countrymen because they are part of the drug 'problem'...
oh...I don't know...I think i'm supposed to hate a cross section of rock stars who don't make the popular cut too...{we all know who 'THEY' are...don't we?}
I'm not sure who the 'MAN' is...but i'm supposed to hate 'him' too...I believe its been agreed that chucking fire extinguishers off of rooftops at this entity has been deemed 'acceptable'....
I think that anyone who has worked their whole life is expected to 'righteously' cough up their entire life savings to the incoming tide of homeless immigrants...so 'they' can have the 'promise' of a better life too...
All music acquisitions should cost nothing more than 'right click' on your mouse....
Any and all attempt at cultural identity preservation is immediately suspect and racist...
Its completely ok that a 1000 year old village anywhere in Europe/UK suddenly has minarets....
Why work when one can wheedle? After all..the only work available is completely 'soul sucking' and 'life force' draining...
Aw fuck-it....EVERYTHING should be free and available for the taking at never ending free music festivals....the drugs too...!!!
Believe me...any academic that could be assed to study this web-sites content and history, would almost certainly come to many of the same conclusions...

There now....you were asked first and came up with nothing...
Courage of ones convictions and all that...
But your not the one on the hook now...are you?
FIRE AWAY me bucko!

Ooops!!
major omission...
The 'Left' only trusts journalism that no one has ever heard of and generally has it's provenance in Russia. All other news/reference sources are 'Main stream' media bullshit and NOT to be trusted.

I may add more random Dhajjie thoughts to this as they occur.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4704 posts

Re: Brexit and the UK food industry.
May 24, 2017, 18:49
thesweetcheat wrote:
May is scared of the public. She can't put across her own manifesto policies coherently when asked by interviewers. She only takes vetted questions from vetted journalists. She has backtracked and U-turned on dozens of issues when challenged. Weak and wobbly is definitely the impression she's been giving.

David Davies is incapable and has no understanding of either EU law or economics. Don't even start on Boris Johnson and Liam Fox.

Corbyn on the other hand is measured, unflustered and has been consistent in his views. He wants to reach diplomatic agreement, not flounce out on "no deal". Kier Starmer is a QC, he understands the law and has made a successful career out of developing a position and carrying an argument. Which team would I prefer to have negotiating with other EU countries? No contest.

The Conservatives have been in power for 7 years. They've doubled the debt while slashing services, all without the added financial pressure of Brexit. Your faith in them doing the right thing at some unspecified date in the future is based on a very poor track record in government so far. Why aren't you asking what they've spent all that money on?

Brexit seems to be like a religious mania. It eclipses all other concerns and its fanatics can't understand that any other business of a government; health, education, welfare, housing, the environment, security must continue to be managed as well. Give May her "strong hand" for negotiating if you will, but don't be surprised when her government continue their existing path in all those other areas in the meantime.

As for the "not congratulating" you thing, you keep bringing that up. You seem to be rather fragile in your victory that you need us to congratulate you. It's not a cricket match. What did you actually do to bring about the great triumph, other than voting? I did that too. Well done us, we were heroic.


Congratulating the winner in any competition/sporting event/election is par for the course. It is a sign of respect understood the world over. Obviously you don't have any - not even for your own countryman. Jeeze!
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index