Julian Cope presents Head Heritage

Head To Head
Log In
Register
U-Know! Forum »
Through the looking glass
Log In to post a reply

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
5851 posts

Through the looking glass
Mar 21, 2017, 06:44
70 MPs have used the Telegraph to complain about the BBC's biased and pessimistic coverage of Brexit and not reporting the economic "good news".

They didn't complain about the lack of coverage of NHS crisis or election fraud, strangely.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/20/bbc-risks-undermining-brexit-damaging-uk-pessimistic-skewed/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_tw
nigelswift
7401 posts

Re: Through the looking glass
Mar 21, 2017, 07:47
"the MPs put the corporation on notice that its future will be in doubt if politicians and the public no longer see it as an "impartial broker" that they can trust."

Translated as: "if they don't support Brexit."

How far have we fallen?
tjj
tjj
3314 posts

Edited Mar 21, 2017, 08:23
Re: Through the looking glass
Mar 21, 2017, 07:57
thesweetcheat wrote:
70 MPs have used the Telegraph to complain about the BBC's biased and pessimistic coverage of Brexit and not reporting the economic "good news".

They didn't complain about the lack of coverage of NHS crisis or election fraud, strangely.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/20/bbc-risks-undermining-brexit-damaging-uk-pessimistic-skewed/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_tw


'Through the looking glass' sums up the surreal and nightmarish feeling around currently. What do we expect from the Torygraph which last week ran a piece calling Nicola Sturgeon a traitor. Most of the criticism I've heard of the BBC (and the Andrew Marr Show) has been of an anti-Labour Party bias. To give them credit they do cover the shortfalls in the NHS and care services to a depressing level.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
5851 posts

Edited Mar 21, 2017, 18:57
Re: Through the looking glass
Mar 21, 2017, 18:56
I think the worst of it is the closing down of dissent or contrary opinion. That is not how a democracy should work.

Even accepting the result is what it is, why on earth should anyone be forced to accept the economic narrative that the referendum has been good for economy? We haven't left yet or even started negotiations. Everyone is spending on "jam today" but it doesn't mean we won't all be worse off after the event.

(Edited for typo)
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
5851 posts

Re: Through the looking glass
Mar 21, 2017, 18:59
Scary isn't it? Can't imagine why 3 Labour MPS signed up to this either.
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2463 posts

Re: Through the looking glass
Mar 21, 2017, 19:56
tjj wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:
70 MPs have used the Telegraph to complain about the BBC's biased and pessimistic coverage of Brexit and not reporting the economic "good news".

They didn't complain about the lack of coverage of NHS crisis or election fraud, strangely.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/20/bbc-risks-undermining-brexit-damaging-uk-pessimistic-skewed/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_tw


'Through the looking glass' sums up the surreal and nightmarish feeling around currently. What do we expect from the Torygraph which last week ran a piece calling Nicola Sturgeon a traitor. Most of the criticism I've heard of the BBC (and the Andrew Marr Show) has been of an anti-Labour Party bias. To give them credit they do cover the shortfalls in the NHS and care services to a depressing level.


I think the Torygraph mentioned the beheading of Scotlands First Minister.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
5851 posts

Re: Through the looking glass
Mar 21, 2017, 20:06
drewbhoy wrote:
tjj wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:
70 MPs have used the Telegraph to complain about the BBC's biased and pessimistic coverage of Brexit and not reporting the economic "good news".

They didn't complain about the lack of coverage of NHS crisis or election fraud, strangely.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/20/bbc-risks-undermining-brexit-damaging-uk-pessimistic-skewed/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_tw


'Through the looking glass' sums up the surreal and nightmarish feeling around currently. What do we expect from the Torygraph which last week ran a piece calling Nicola Sturgeon a traitor. Most of the criticism I've heard of the BBC (and the Andrew Marr Show) has been of an anti-Labour Party bias. To give them credit they do cover the shortfalls in the NHS and care services to a depressing level.


I think the Torygraph mentioned the beheading of Scotlands First Minister.


Yes it did, shameful.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7347 posts

Re: Through the looking glass
Mar 21, 2017, 21:47
thesweetcheat wrote:
drewbhoy wrote:
tjj wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:
70 MPs have used the Telegraph to complain about the BBC's biased and pessimistic coverage of Brexit and not reporting the economic "good news".

They didn't complain about the lack of coverage of NHS crisis or election fraud, strangely.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/20/bbc-risks-undermining-brexit-damaging-uk-pessimistic-skewed/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_tw


'Through the looking glass' sums up the surreal and nightmarish feeling around currently. What do we expect from the Torygraph which last week ran a piece calling Nicola Sturgeon a traitor. Most of the criticism I've heard of the BBC (and the Andrew Marr Show) has been of an anti-Labour Party bias. To give them credit they do cover the shortfalls in the NHS and care services to a depressing level.


I think the Torygraph mentioned the beheading of Scotlands First Minister.


Yes it did, shameful.


What's the matter with you? Beheading? It's just banter innit?
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
5851 posts

Re: Through the looking glass
Mar 21, 2017, 21:50
Vybik Jon wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:
drewbhoy wrote:
tjj wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:
70 MPs have used the Telegraph to complain about the BBC's biased and pessimistic coverage of Brexit and not reporting the economic "good news".

They didn't complain about the lack of coverage of NHS crisis or election fraud, strangely.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/20/bbc-risks-undermining-brexit-damaging-uk-pessimistic-skewed/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_tw


'Through the looking glass' sums up the surreal and nightmarish feeling around currently. What do we expect from the Torygraph which last week ran a piece calling Nicola Sturgeon a traitor. Most of the criticism I've heard of the BBC (and the Andrew Marr Show) has been of an anti-Labour Party bias. To give them credit they do cover the shortfalls in the NHS and care services to a depressing level.


I think the Torygraph mentioned the beheading of Scotlands First Minister.


Yes it did, shameful.


What's the matter with you? Beheading? It's just banter innit?


:)

Well obviously to a Viking it's no more than a bit of a scratch.
Locodogz
Locodogz
232 posts

Re: Through the looking glass
Mar 22, 2017, 09:55
Flesh wound..... he's had worse......
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index