hurrah - i think

Pages: 4 – [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

hurrah - i think
Nov 21, 2002, 11:49
mass riots apparently in nigeria over the Miss World competition.
Shame its led by (probably completely bigotted) Muslim groups rather than feministy ones, but hey! Better than letting the whole thing just go ahead.

Apparently:
"The riot started after the paper published an article on Saturday which said that the Prophet Mohammed would have married one of the beauty queens. "
height of fucking tact or what!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/2498931.stm
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Re: hurrah - i think
Nov 21, 2002, 11:58
are you going to ban Mr Universe competitions as well? And not Miss Norwich, please.
our society's obsessed with what people look like. At least Miss World doesn't get her tits out. Is it really that offensive? You do'nt have to enter if you think it's demeaning.

Whereas, fundamentalists storming in and demanding people of another culture comply with their own beliefs... (sounds like something else topical)

just trying to aid discussion
YerArseInParsley
365 posts

Nov 21, 2002, 12:11
Less tact, more deliberate incitement I'd guess.

I think Jesus would've shagged Miss Judea, just to save himself paying Mary Magdelene. I think Jesus would've shagged everybody, hippy bastard.
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Nov 21, 2002, 12:16
ban em? naaah. burn 'em to the groound maybe, but state bans never!

'fundamentalists storming in and demanding people of another culture comply with their own beliefs... '

now does that refer to fundamentalist muslims, or the fundamentalist sexists??
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7720 posts

Oi GOD!
Nov 21, 2002, 12:24
So was your son/were you a hippy shagmonster?
Blaidd
125 posts

Nov 21, 2002, 12:46
There's nothing wrong with fndamentalist sexists - not really. They're no worse than the "Lesbian Avengers" now that's a scary thought.

We get the muslim fundamentalists rallies in the city sometimes, it's a bit on the scary side to be honest. I think if everyone did that kind of thing, be it based on their religious beliefs, feminist ways, BNP & all that, everyone would be up in arms banning them left, right & bloody centre!!!.

Everything has it's place, but that place is not always in the public eye, especially when they're touting for sodding converts.

Basically people should do what makes them happy bunnies. If some people want to do the miss world thing, fine, if it's for the right reasons.

Having said that, no one should be used & abused, for anything, but we all let ourselves anyway.

Besides Kylie looked seriously hot on the bonnet of that little ford Ka at the motor show.

Hmmm

Blaidd
Blaidd
125 posts

Nov 21, 2002, 12:48
Bloody hell, I didn't know he actually paid for it. You wouldn't have thought he'd have to, son of god & all, must have some perks to it?

I'm sorry, but if my missus came home pregnant, i'd be more than a little pissed, don't know how Joseph coped with it. Maybe he was particularly close to that donkey.

B
MonkeyBoy
1008 posts

Nov 21, 2002, 18:43
Nah! Jesus was a homosexual.
YerArseInParsley
365 posts

Nov 21, 2002, 20:03
Heresy ! It clear says in my King James bible that Jesus loved everybody, obviously a bi-.
Now King James should know about that.
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Nov 21, 2002, 21:35
hearing reports that dozens may have been killed in the riots.

less of a hurrah in that context.
Pages: 4 – [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index