A rock and a hard bitch

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
nigelswift
8112 posts

A rock and a hard bitch
Jul 08, 2016, 08:18
Just for fun, assuming you are all Tory members here, who would you vote for

- a Remainer who says she'll definitely push Brexit forward

or a Brexiter who dislikes gay marriage and thinks hunting should come back?

Me, I''d go for the former under the faint hope that she'd try to go for Brexit Light or better, whereas the other ought to run for Governor of Alaska.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6210 posts

Re: A rock and a hard bitch
Jul 08, 2016, 12:41
Sadly I'd have to agree. The anti-human rights hard right candidate is less appalling that the rabidly Christian anti-gay fox hunter.

Never mind Obi Wan Kenobi, our only hope is asteroid/plague/takeover by superintelligent robots/apes.
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Jul 08, 2016, 20:49
What a choice! As hell would have to freeze over before I had anything to do with the Conservatives it looks like the choice is out of our hands. Still, they've both got God on their side so everything will be all right.

Andrea Leadsom wants to bring back fox hunting in the "interest of animal welfare" !!! What? Calling her a bitch is very unkind to female dogs, and I say that as a feminist.
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/andrea-leadsom-bring-back-fox-hunting_uk_577e6a9de4b07a99eadc2a08
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jul 09, 2016, 08:57
My feminist daughter has told me off about using the word bitch. Sorry.
Pursued By Trees
Pursued By Trees
1135 posts

Jul 09, 2016, 17:32
I thought they had it about right on Question Time the other night ... a choice between John Major in a wig and a woman supported by hedge funds channeling Margaret Thatcher.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6210 posts

Jul 09, 2016, 17:34
I hoped these two would be sufficiently worthy of distrust because of their views alone, so that even the lazier or more strident arms of the press shouldn't need to resort to gender-based comments to find points to be critical of. Although you know the Mail will be comparing them based on their shoes.

But the dreadful Leadsom has introduced nonsensical issues of motherhood into the mix, so frankly if she finds herself on the receiving end of abuse based on her gender she only has herself to blame.
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Edited Jul 09, 2016, 19:20
"She'd be better because she's a mother" - i.e. Leadsome
Jul 09, 2016, 19:19
Grr I saw this on the front of one of the rags this afternoon when dropping by the garage (I now see it's caused a general fuss). It made me really cross.

What the fuck, when would we ever tolerate this kind of discussion if the candidates were men? It'd be considered laughable. It's insane. This is 2016. Do we still have to have judge women by their reproduction and hairstyle and suchlike? Frightening. I can see it appealing to the sad tory membership though.

(never mind if she's a mother but a fucking terrible one, incidentally. She has bred. this proves she can run a country brilliantly. those clever women and their multitasking).
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6210 posts

Re: "She'd be better because she's a mother" - i.e. Leadsome
Jul 09, 2016, 19:32
Good column in the Guardian focusing on "post-truth politics":

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jul/09/andrea-leadsom-tory-leadership-am-dram-peasant-revolt
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Jul 11, 2016, 14:10
The way things are going, I'm expecting May to cross the floor this afternoon
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Edited Jul 11, 2016, 14:18
Jul 11, 2016, 14:16
anthonyqkiernan wrote:
The way things are going, I'm expecting May to cross the floor this afternoon

*John Redwood stares silently, unblinking at Michael Gove. Gove screams "No! It was Boris!!", puts hands to his ears, collapses to his knees. Blood seeps through his fingers...*
U-Know! Forum Index