I am ashamed to be British

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Jun 26, 2016, 05:00
I am ashamed to be British
Jun 26, 2016, 04:55
It doesn't take much thinking really. Fucking disgusting the message we have sent to the rest of the world.

I am not part of that shit!
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re: I am ashamed to be British
Jun 26, 2016, 14:42
Indeed.I'm in Greece at the mo, and everyone I meet here has been asking me what I think about it. I asked the barman in the Hard Rock Cafe what the wi-fi password was, and he joked - good-naturedly, I think - that he was thinking of changing it to Brexit . Had to hold up my hands and say "it wasn't me, guv!"

I think I can now understand what it must have felt to have been a left-leaning American travelling abroad while Reagan or Bush were in power.

Of course people here have mixed feeling about the EU because of the austerity programme - but it's interesting that I've seen fewer homeless people in Athens than I normally do in London despite the fact that Greece is supposed to be suffering the after-effects of economic meltdown.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Jun 26, 2016, 15:19
If you move back to Scotland it's not something you'd have to worry about much longer!

I think we've sent an appalling message to the world, we have literally told everyone who wants to come here to work/study etc to fuck off!
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Jun 26, 2016, 15:25
I'm seriously contemplating putting on a generic French accent for the entirety of my trip to Greece next month.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6210 posts

Jun 26, 2016, 15:39
And now we're saying the same to people who were born here too. "Pakis go home" is the openly voiced mantra from the gurning face of white Britain unmasked.

Welcome to the 1950s, we've got our country "back".
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Jun 26, 2016, 15:41
Yeah there was a Welsh Muslim councillor (as I recall) the other day who got told to go home. She was born here.

All this sort of thing has been going on anyway but it does seem to be getting more prevalent
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Edited Jun 26, 2016, 15:44
Jun 26, 2016, 15:44
How do you guys know that they weren't just being given neighbourly warnings about an incoming downpour by concerned citizens who noticed they weren't carrying an umbrella?
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6210 posts

Jun 26, 2016, 15:55
#postrefracism is throwing up plenty of examples on Twitter.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Jun 26, 2016, 16:40
Well we can make rash assumptions on times. Maybe I should start a donate a pac a mac fund or something just for times like that!
U-Know! Forum Index