Topic View: Flat | Threaded
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Re: Success
Nov 17, 2002, 14:14
> "Even if you're pro WMD..."
>
on this message board? I don't think you'll find too many of them! I know we have our arguments here, but it's usually just on "the details". Unless there's a chap from Special Branch monitoring our arguments about postmodernism.

Actually, as an aside, i thought i was sitting in front of a bloke from SB at Michael Moore on Friday night. He spent the first 15 minutes of the show swearing under his breath; calling Mr. Moore a "f*cking cu*t" and a "stup*d tos*er"; and generally being rather disconcerting.

I mean, it's not like he started after Moore had been going for a while and said a bunch of stuff he disagreed with - it was right from the word go. He wasn't pissed, and was with some mates (so he wasn't some lone right-wing nutter). He looked *very* policeman-like, it must be said.

Well, after about 15 minutes of that malarky, he started a sustained bout of sarcastic heckling, which Moore handled without too much hassle. Thankfully he didn't return after the interval (an interval during which i had a mystifying altercation with one of the Roundhouse's employees). Which is just as well, because the 15 minutes or so directly after the interval are - without a doubt - the highlight of the show (though the whole thing is excellent - with a couple of missed-targets admittedly - it's that quarter hour that is worth the money... he turns into Bill Hicks at his angriest).

Anyways, i am deeply sorry - but i've just realised that i've subverted a worthy thread right at the start (but that's tangents for you).

To return to the original point; i too will echo your sentiments regarding the TP folk, YAIP. Nuclear missile submarines are amongst humanity's most vile achievements. Right up there with gas-chambers and the international paedophilia network. I that's not exaggeration for 'effect'. The entire purpose of these things is to remain completely undetectable and unapproachable until the moment they indiscriminatly murder *millions* of people by turning their cities into radioactive firestorms.

*That's* their function! *That's* the reason we build these things! Anyone who carries out direct action designed to make it more difficult for them to do that job is a hero. And anyone who works to help those submarines do a better job needs to be locked up. To accept that your job is to run or maintain a machine designed to erase cities is fucking psychopathic!

U-Know! Forum Index