U-Know! Forum »
Success

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
YerArseInParsley
365 posts

Success
Nov 17, 2002, 13:18
http://www.tridentploughshares.org/prel/prel02/r021116.html

"Last night at around 11:30pm two Trident Ploughshares peace campaigners entered Devonport naval base, made their way to dock 9 undetected, boarded HMS Vanguard and rang the ships bell, much to the surprise of MOD staff and dockyard workers. "

I know Elisa! I am so happy. Anyone who lives within a hundred miles of Devonport should be very grateful to Elisa cos TP aren't the only organisation who can get on board a Trident.
Even if you are pro-WMD then you must admit her and her pal should get public service awards, and it should be the base commander who is arrested.
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Re: Success
Nov 17, 2002, 14:14
> "Even if you're pro WMD..."
>
on this message board? I don't think you'll find too many of them! I know we have our arguments here, but it's usually just on "the details". Unless there's a chap from Special Branch monitoring our arguments about postmodernism.

Actually, as an aside, i thought i was sitting in front of a bloke from SB at Michael Moore on Friday night. He spent the first 15 minutes of the show swearing under his breath; calling Mr. Moore a "f*cking cu*t" and a "stup*d tos*er"; and generally being rather disconcerting.

I mean, it's not like he started after Moore had been going for a while and said a bunch of stuff he disagreed with - it was right from the word go. He wasn't pissed, and was with some mates (so he wasn't some lone right-wing nutter). He looked *very* policeman-like, it must be said.

Well, after about 15 minutes of that malarky, he started a sustained bout of sarcastic heckling, which Moore handled without too much hassle. Thankfully he didn't return after the interval (an interval during which i had a mystifying altercation with one of the Roundhouse's employees). Which is just as well, because the 15 minutes or so directly after the interval are - without a doubt - the highlight of the show (though the whole thing is excellent - with a couple of missed-targets admittedly - it's that quarter hour that is worth the money... he turns into Bill Hicks at his angriest).

Anyways, i am deeply sorry - but i've just realised that i've subverted a worthy thread right at the start (but that's tangents for you).

To return to the original point; i too will echo your sentiments regarding the TP folk, YAIP. Nuclear missile submarines are amongst humanity's most vile achievements. Right up there with gas-chambers and the international paedophilia network. I that's not exaggeration for 'effect'. The entire purpose of these things is to remain completely undetectable and unapproachable until the moment they indiscriminatly murder *millions* of people by turning their cities into radioactive firestorms.

*That's* their function! *That's* the reason we build these things! Anyone who carries out direct action designed to make it more difficult for them to do that job is a hero. And anyone who works to help those submarines do a better job needs to be locked up. To accept that your job is to run or maintain a machine designed to erase cities is fucking psychopathic!
MonkeyBoy
1008 posts

Re: Success
Nov 17, 2002, 18:12
Excellent behaviour. Should inspire people to do stuff rather than just sitting around.
YerArseInParsley
365 posts

NVDA ?
Nov 18, 2002, 18:15
I saw a prog about subs that said once a cockroach got on board a sub it was impossible to get rid of.
So I proposed breeding thousands of cockroaches and releasing them at naval bases.
A bit more sophisticated than that, but it wasn't the practicalities that the peace protestors objected to - it was the fact that it was potentially violent. ( ie a successful cockroach intruder might chew the wrong wire).

I am frustrated by saints. I hope someone blows up a Trident, we'll lose millions of people but it might make the news.
U-Know! Forum Index