Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Mar 13, 2016, 19:02
I Predict A Riot
Mar 13, 2016, 18:54
The humiliation of good working people and the vulnerable in society HAS to stop. The Tories taking on the doctors reminds me of the miners strike. Beat them and god knows who is next. I'm a Scottish Nationalist, but I shall be standing arm to arm with The Labour Party in the London Mayoral election.

We have to start protesting, and protesting BIG. There is a groundswell of opinion in this London city, and in most other places that things need to change. Who are these Tory scum? Hunt them down like the foxes they hate. These people are not human, animal or have any the merits any sentient creature. They do not deserve to be called anything else..but dirt.

And the funny thing is, they know that and could not care less.

Time to take a stand people. Get out on the streets, do what you can. Bring it down!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXo6jRGHgr4
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Re: I Predict A Riot
Mar 13, 2016, 19:05
If Scottish Nationalists had forfeited gazing at their own navels and shown more solidarity to folks in other parts of the UK *before* the GE, and indicated they'd be voting 'Labour' we might not have had a Tory govt.
A bit late to link arms 'now'.
Decent of you all the same.
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Mar 13, 2016, 19:23
Mar 13, 2016, 19:19
You know and I know that 56 SNP seats could not win the election. It's the others we need to convince. And the SNP have done remarkable things in changing the Scottish economy and social welfare, which The Labour Party never did. Never had a chance though. Not perfect, but most people I know in Labour fields in England have nothing but respect for the SNP. I suspect Jeremy Corbyn does too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSBwzpTdgZI
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Edited Mar 13, 2016, 19:32
Mar 13, 2016, 19:31
Markoid wrote:

You know and I know that 56 SNP seats could not win the election.

Did I say that?
Poll after poll indicated SNP landslide, that had major implications for voter tendencies in England.
Salmond was even being 'sarcastic' about Labour winning ('I will write their budget!')
Prick.
Tartan Tories (SNP) will not even raise income tax here to pay for what we need.
Scottish Labour like anyone else down the Shortbread Senate are useless, but all SNP have achieved is ensuring they and the Tories kill them off.
Living here, I do know what I am talking about.
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Mar 13, 2016, 19:47
Mar 13, 2016, 19:38
sanshee wrote:
Markoid wrote:

You know and I know that 56 SNP seats could not win the election.

Did I say that?
Poll after poll indicated SNP landslide, that had major implications for voter tendencies in England.
Salmond was even being 'sarcastic' about Labour winning ('I will write their budget!')
Prick.
Tartan Tories (SNP) will not even raise income tax here to pay for what we need.
Scottish Labour like anyone else down the Shortbread Senate are useless, but all SNP have achieved is ensuring they and the Tories kill them off.
Living here, I do know what I am talking about.

To be prefectly honest, nobody gave a shit about the SNP vote during the General Election in these parts. It made no difference to the result. What the SNP in Westminster have done, is make people think about some kind of proper social democracy. You think it's bad in Scotland? Try living here. We are sick to the back teeth of this lot. And I don't need a MORI poll to prove that!

Income tax is a fiscal measure only granted by The Bank Of England and the treasury, hence the UK government. I thought you might know that.
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Edited Mar 13, 2016, 19:52
Mar 13, 2016, 19:47
If people vote Labour in up here it will bolster Corbyn, shut up his detractors and get him on his way, nationally.
I do hope you champion that.
I have a feeling you won't though.
There lies the tragedy.
EDIT; Scotland is getting to set tax rates from next year Markoid.
I thought YOU would have known that.
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Mar 13, 2016, 19:55
Mar 13, 2016, 19:52
I believe in Scotland's prosperity too. All of my family live there. You can see things via the outside, and any time I go home it seems to be a better place to live. Labour sat on there fat arses and did nothing in Scotland. Wonder why people are getting angry?
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Mar 13, 2016, 19:54
I had to edit, don't know if you saw in time, Scotland is getting to set tax rates from next year, SNP ruled out any raise.
I thought you would have been aware of that.
Says top earners are more mobile and 'have to stay where they are'.
Tartan Tories, no?
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Mar 13, 2016, 20:08
Mar 13, 2016, 20:01
Some tax rates, not full fiscal autonomy though. And an independent nation needs that to have any credibility in any economic matters globally. We are being drip-fed by Westminster. The Tories know that.
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Edited Mar 13, 2016, 20:08
Mar 13, 2016, 20:07
Markoid wrote:

Some tax rates, not full fiscal autonomy though. And an independent nation needs that.

Markoid, first you said tax rates were the 'preserve' of HMRC then you say this, you don't know what you are talking about.
Like Sturgeon, gets £130,00 a year and can't tell a deficit from a debt...see her on Andrew Neil today...oh dear...
SNP are just playing to the gallery now, they always did claim their new members 'had been been politically engaged before' and I can see it's true, from what I read on other forums and tbh you haven't go the first clue about them yourself.
I'll bow out now, good you are supporting Labour, pity your heart ain't really in it though.
Enjoy the ride anyway.
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index