Ban, or discuss?

9 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
carol27
747 posts

Re: Ban, or discuss?
Dec 20, 2015, 16:48
Sin Agog wrote:
If we were talking about the Colosseum I might agree with you, but this is just one statue and a plaque we're talking about, which happens to be situated slap-bang in the middle of an active place of learning. I doubt ditching it will precede a policy of blowing shit up all over the place. Personally I think you could clear up the whole affair by putting another plaque underneath the current one saying, 'P.S HE WAS EVIL. YOURS SINCERELY, OXFORD'.

EDIT: Seriously though, isn't there a similar corrective plaque underneath an equally outdated sexist plaque in the House of Commons? I really like the idea of this system. It can be like a reaaaaaaaally drawn-out message board conversation writ large.

I agree put another plaque underneath explaining very succinctly what a twat he was. If we expunge history we have nothing to learn from. I'm pleasantly surprised that the students are getting active again. During the 80's/ 90's I was led to believe that they were all Tory voters; of course that is 15 years ago. Jesus!

U-Know! Forum Index