9 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Edited Dec 19, 2015, 13:40
Re: Ban, or discuss?
Dec 19, 2015, 13:37
I wonder how many Jews would rather Auschwitz had been knocked down - a fair few maybe.
And that would be legitimate.
Just as keeping it there as a reminder is too.
But 'keeping it' won out.
Dow we keep it to gloat? Or do some visit it to gloat?
I doubt it.
Actually, the fact it is there acts as an uncomfortable reminder to those who try to deny the whole thing ever happened.
And we do keep what's left of the colosseum, and buy jokey souvenirs and the like yet look at the horrors of its history.
I doubt again many people are campaigning for the return of peasants being mauled to their deaths.
Infact, in the instant that became unacceptable the building still remained, decaying only naturally.
Aren't we though grateful we still have these pieces of history to look at?
Does that mean we want to return to those times? No! Yet we are still drawn to observe their darkness, it is important for us to sort our selves out, emotionally.
I feel that if we partake in a campaign of destroying wholesale that which upsets our sensibilities even though we are right to be upset, we are producing future generations of pampered 'cultured imbeciles' void of any real emotional turmoil, which is to quote a cliché 'character building'.
And because of that, allows nastiness to foment, unchecked, our abilities to deal with it properly, neutered.
There will always be someone out there waiting to do wrong.
We have to be ready for it.
Their intentions may seem noble to them, but I am afraid are incredibly wrong footed.

U-Know! Forum Index