U-Know! Forum »
Oldham by-election and Farage reaction

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6216 posts

Oldham by-election and Farage reaction
Dec 04, 2015, 20:53
The media promised that Labour would have its May GE majority massively reduced, with UKIP within a few hundred votes of the Labour candidate as everyone rejected the party's direction under Corbyn.

Instead, the voters of Oldham increased Labour's share of the vote and the Labour candidate won by a massive margin.

Farage blames "ethnic minorities" and claims democracy is "dead" in some areas because no-one speaks English. BNP eat your heart out

http://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2015/12/04/the-mask-slips-oldham-result-brings-out-the-real-nigel-farag
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Edited Dec 04, 2015, 22:16
Re: Oldham by-election and Farage reaction
Dec 04, 2015, 22:16
UKIP are soon to be no more I reckon, running out of funds for one.
Campaign UKIP ran in Oldham was based on Corbyn being *anti-British* and all that malarkey.
That failed.
Just as all the similar media guff about him will too.
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Dec 04, 2015, 23:36
UKIP didn't win in Oldham because of Corbyn's terraced sympathisers
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Edited Dec 05, 2015, 10:40
Dec 05, 2015, 10:03
Ha!
Oldham I imagine ain't too an affluent place, I think some of the Labour campaigning reminded people that only UKIP MP (Carswell) voted for tax credits cuts.
Do UKIP really, really need that much of a help to 'go figure'?
People seeing them for the free marketeering lying lowlife they are, not on their side at all.
Latest right wing loon to come in favour of Corbyn's stance re Syria:
Peter Oborne.
Heard him on R4 this morning, wrote a blinding article in the *Daily Heil* too.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-3346949/PETER-OBORNE-one-winner-Syria-vote-wasn-t-Dave-Hilary-Benn.html
Damn a link to the 'Heil and not for the purposes of slagging it off.
Nurse!
;)

EDIT: How pathetic UKP are now moaning about the result because of Asians.
What, didn't they realise there were Asians living there before result came in?
For before hand they were boasting of a either a 'shock victory. or at least 'a very close race'.
Nonsense anyway, numbers do not stack up to support any of that.
What a sublime image yesterday of the shop space they rented out, all decked out in UKIP purple, now showing 'to let' sign.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6216 posts

Dec 05, 2015, 17:14
Actually found myself in agreement with much of that - the sidebar about the ridiculousness of Philip Hammond's claim after the vote that Britain would be safer is spot on.

I watched Hilary Benn's speech and my thoughts were the same as Oborne's that it didn't actually say anything and showed very little understanding of the complexities of the situation. All he said in essence was "IS are bad people" (which no-one is disputing) but he didn't explain in any way how bombing Syria was going to do anything useful about that.

As for Farage and UKIP, hopefully their little 15 minutes of fame are on the wane.
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Dec 05, 2015, 17:40
Read Stella Creasy wasn't sure until Benn stamped 'we will fight fascism'.
As Mark Steel wrote in the Independent, 'until Benn's speech she wasn't sure if she'd give fascism a bit of a whirl or not' (or something to that effect).
Ever since reading Orwell's 'Politics and the English Language' I have always been weary of people relying on the word 'fascism', usually wrong footedly, when they see fit.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6216 posts

Dec 05, 2015, 17:59
The Mark Steel piece of typically brilliant, funny and serious as ever.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/if-half-of-britain-are-terrorist-sympathisers-for-opposing-air-strikes-then-isis-will-win-the-next-a6759416.html
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Dec 05, 2015, 18:03
Dec 05, 2015, 18:02
BTW Sanshee, did you have a vote in all that Corbyn bis. I did as a union dude. He better not fuck up. The deputy is an asshole though. The party is so full of holes.
U-Know! Forum Index