Head To Head
Register
U-Know! Forum »
So it looks like it's about to kick off then.

30 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
phallus dei
583 posts

Re: ...
Nov 16, 2015, 20:09
dhajjieboy wrote:
I never said that "muslims should apologize"....anywhere...

I believe that i made myself quite clear that the Islamic world would do well for themselves to police there own.
If they do not take up this responsibility for themselves, the enevitable backlash will be from the western world.
Retaliation is quite a different thing from revenge.
Nothing that will be said here will change that.

Sorry if I misunderstood you, but I got the feeling that you were implying that Muslims as a group bear some sort of collective responsibility for Isis. I don't agree with that, as I said in my previous post. It also seems unfair to ask them to police themselves when we've destroyed the previous countries where Isis now chiefly operates.

I agree that nothing we say here will change anything... Still, the difference between what will happen and what should happen is not totally insignificant. What will happen is that the West will use the Paris attacks as a pretext to further erode our rights and expand the scope of their imperialistic plunder. What should happen is that we (the West and the rest) have an honest dialogue about how we got to this point and try to start viewing and treating each other as human beings.

Never mind that what should happen won't happen. By rejecting fear and hate mongering we are at least asserting our belief in hope in an increasingly tyrannical and hopeless world.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index