Robot Emperor
Robot Emperor
762 posts

Edited May 07, 2015, 01:07
Re: The scumbag dhajjieboy agrees with!
May 07, 2015, 01:02
stray wrote:
Lawrence wrote:
You started it by suggesting the political Left supported Extreme Islam.

All that said though, and yep he is an arse, you did make a really fucking awful racist comment. To a lot of people apologies don't cut it as you could obviously think it to write it. Seen ? I'm sorry I'm a racist doesn't work, no matter how you word it to not sound like that. The phrase occured in your head, and you wrote it, and you pressed post, thats a lot of decision making filters it went through.

I'm not saying it's beyond redemption, but fucking hell, it's alien to me and lots of other people for that phrase to even pop into our heads as a reasonable thing to say. It just wouldn't occur.

Should we solemnly declare Lawrence's right to joke in an initially seemingly inappropriate way? I think Lawrence was attempting to ventriloquize the other chap saying something he didn't. Possibly projecting the worst thing Lawrence could imagine anyone saying?

I think it at least possible that Stray is guilty of peddling a sectarian doctrine, stifling discourse with faultlessly liberal reasoning. I work in a factory. I would not be able to talk to any of my colleagues if I adopted the reasoning he sets out above... I would be unable to argue from anything other than what they would perceive as an extreme position.

On reflection the idea that another be capable of "alien ideas" is equally as repugnant as any other reason to assume authority or superiority over another. An attempt to understand or empathize, followed by a dissection and then an attempt to destroy another persons ideas is roughly the path my stand up rows conducted knee deep in viscera chart.

I understand that others don't have to try to explain why Nigel Farage is a twat to a person whose job is killing stuff and hobby is breeding large bad tempered chickens for the travelling community... but I still think it obvious that a blindness to ethical slips is vital for honest and valuable discourse. However I find the term Knob Jockey creative and funny, so what do I know.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index