Re: The scumbag dhajjieboy agrees with!
May 06, 2015, 22:27
stray wrote:
billding68 wrote:
stray wrote:
billding68 wrote:
But Mapplethorpe could put a crucifix in a jar of piss and call it "art"

Not Maplethorpe. Andreas Serrano.

As for the rest of your points, a minority do not represent the whole of Islam.

not going to argue but its a rather large minority that is growing and spreading (pretty much every continent except for Antarctica has seen violence at the hand of these minority extremists in the last decade)
As for getting the "artist" wrong my bad but that's not really the point is it? you can basically shit on the cross in the name of free speech but draw a picture of Muhammad and your fucking dead. right?

It's only a large minority in your head, and in the medias. Get a grip, there are roughly 2 billion muslims in the world. Stop generalising like ever other bigot, step out of the echo chamber and do some research. Terrorism is terrorism, it always takes the same shape, same goes for insurgencies, and extremist groups in general. They are always tiny minorities.

If you had clicked on the link you would see that no you can't shit on the cross with no comeback. The work has been repeatedly attacked and Andreas has been threatened over it repeatedly. As I said you chose a really bad example. Getting the artist wrong kind of underlines that you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Advice : Don't reach for examples from a field you have limited knowledge of, you just look silly and ill informed.

If you create work knowing it's going to be offensive then expect a backlash. No artist has the right to bitch when they are attacked by a minority that they know will obviously be offended. Of course no-one deserves to die for a scribble. But anyone who knowingly makes a scribble and publicises it for the sole of aim of pissing off a group likely to murder. purely so they can point the finger and say 'SEE! we told you so'. So as to push their own, frankly, murderous agenda is a cunt who deserves what they get.

I don't know you so don't fucking take that tone with me first of all. secondly a "small" percentage of 2 billion is still large and last but not least go fuck yourself.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index