U-Know! Forum »
Inevitable election boredom/vexation

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6210 posts

Inevitable election boredom/vexation
Mar 27, 2015, 17:31
Weeks still to go and I'm already half bored and half vexed by the election coverage.

The first of the televised "debates" last night was dreadful, Paxo came across like the aggressive Tory yob he really is, Cameron struggled with the most basic of fluffy questions from a tame audience and Ed Miliband was treated pretty poorly with a load of questions that had nothing to do with policy or even politics and seemed aimed at making him uncomfortable (which he clearly was).

Meanwhile, Leanne Wood, the leader of Plaid Cymru, was brilliant on the farce that is BBC's Question Time last night, despite sustained bilious rudeness from Janet Street Porter. She was reasoned, spoke calmly, didn't raise her voice and talked a huge amount of sense.

I'd vote for her (LW, not JSP) if she was in England or I was in Wales.

Here ends the party political broadcast for Plaid.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Edited Apr 03, 2015, 10:31
Re: Inevitable election boredom/vexation
Apr 03, 2015, 10:28
She's my back up vote (living here in God's country), sadly having to go for Labour as a 'tactical vote' as I just want the tories out.

Not seen any of the tv stuff (fortunately) it's getting far too 'Americanised' now with constant tv coverage which has taken precedence over actual policies that we're supposed to be voting for. One thing of interest, but not of any surprise was cameron's constant backing out of debates, clearly he know's he's not got anything to be proud of to defend.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6210 posts

Apr 03, 2015, 11:39
The three women leaders completely outclassed the men last night, especially Nicola Sturgeon.

I've done three online test things recently, and they conclude that my personal politics are most closely aligned with Green, then Labour. But I live in a constituency where neither will get in, so I have to vote Lib Dem or get a Tory.

Interestingly, the last one I did gave results for other people in my constituency, and Labour would get a majority here on that basis, followed by Green. This is probably skewed by the fact most Tory voters probably don't spent their time doing online politics surveys though!
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Apr 03, 2015, 14:24
Very likely! I usually get Plaid, which is odd as I don't really follow them, and not really interested in promoting the Welsh language.

I didn't watch it but heard about it as it's been all over the news, but it's great that their up there at the forefront, a welcome break from the old boys club.
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2555 posts

Edited Apr 05, 2015, 01:34
Apr 05, 2015, 01:31
thesweetcheat wrote:
Weeks still to go and I'm already half bored and half vexed by the election coverage.

The first of the televised "debates" last night was dreadful, Paxo came across like the aggressive Tory yob he really is, Cameron struggled with the most basic of fluffy questions from a tame audience and Ed Miliband was treated pretty poorly with a load of questions that had nothing to do with policy or even politics and seemed aimed at making him uncomfortable (which he clearly was).

Meanwhile, Leanne Wood, the leader of Plaid Cymru, was brilliant on the farce that is BBC's Question Time last night, despite sustained bilious rudeness from Janet Street Porter. She was reasoned, spoke calmly, didn't raise her voice and talked a huge amount of sense.

I'd vote for her (LW, not JSP) if she was in England or I was in Wales.

Here ends the party political broadcast for Plaid.

Meanwhile up here we aren't bored and we'll never get tired of voting the Tories out. Shame down south couldn't do the same thing :-( edit. I don't vote SNP, don't believe in tactical voting as it just results in keeping those in power in power. Vote for what you believe in and maybe it will happen.
tyroneshoelaces
38 posts

Apr 09, 2015, 11:38
Here in London, which is down south, we invariably vote in more Labour MPs than Tories, and the Ukip vote is far lower here than in surrounding counties. We're about to declare independence from the south!
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2555 posts

Apr 10, 2015, 20:30
tyroneshoelaces wrote:
Here in London, which is down south, we invariably vote in more Labour MPs than Tories, and the Ukip vote is far lower here than in surrounding counties. We're about to declare independence from the south!

Your right I'm a thick Scot but I do know where London is. Not much wonder we want independence if you think we don't know London's location.
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Apr 17, 2015, 02:39
Apr 17, 2015, 02:16
Nicola Sturgeon was great again. Have a watch. She really really means it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2015-32328664
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2555 posts

Apr 17, 2015, 11:39
Markoid wrote:
Nicola Sturgeon was great again. Have a watch. She really really means it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2015-32328664

Yeah I watched it and she was excellent as was Bennett. Leanne Wood also. Worrying if the SNP/Greens do side with Labour. What revenge will a British government along with their sectarian tinged Vote No Brigade (Labour working openly with Tories) take on the people who live in Scotland?
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Apr 18, 2015, 12:00
Woo only 18 days to go!

I've been wearing a 'til cameron's gone' wristband for the past 5 years. I really hope I don't have to wear it for another 5!
U-Know! Forum Index