Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Edited Mar 05, 2015, 10:24
Nothing to hide nothing to fear?
Mar 05, 2015, 10:08
http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/snp-s-id-database-plan-threatens-civil-rights-1-3686521

**SNP’s ID database plan ‘threatens civil rights’**

**ORG executive director Jim Killock said: “Government proposals that jeopardise our right to privacy need proper consideration. The SNP rejected a national ID register when the UK government tried to introduce ID cards.

“These proposals could pave the way for a similar scheme in Scotland and are being introduced without a proper debate by the public or MSPs.”**

No public consultation, the SNP don't do that sort of thing.

Everything they do is for 'our own good'.

See also named person

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/named-persons-role-to-start-before-child-s-birth-1-3690680

The arming of our police

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/armed-police-result-of-snp-push-to-centralise-power-1-3524420

Disproportionate Stop and search of our kids

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jan/17/police-stop-and-search-scotland

The thought of this lot having any 'say' anywhere is frankly worrying.

Bet you all can't wait until they hold the 'balance of power' down Westminster!

Yes it is a crap hole of a cesspit etc but whatever it is still your govt, it exists whether we like it or not and we have to do what seems less bad.

'Not voting' has got us into this mess up here, 'not voting' is one sure fire way to allow the likes of them and UKIP in, all they have to do remember is *vote* when you *don't.*
Deepinder Cheema
Deepinder Cheema
1972 posts

Re: Nothing to hide nothing to fear?
Mar 05, 2015, 12:55
Why have the papers relating to the Guildford & Birmingham Pub Bombings recently had a gagging order of 75 years slapped on them? Much to the distress of the victims families

The Govt or Establishment habit of sequestering documents under the wait until the guilty are all dead year rule is always a good argument to throw at non lefties who want to see what you are up to.
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2557 posts

Edited Mar 09, 2015, 22:31
Mar 09, 2015, 22:27
sanshee wrote:
http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/snp-s-id-database-plan-threatens-civil-rights-1-3686521

**SNP’s ID database plan ‘threatens civil rights’**

**ORG executive director Jim Killock said: “Government proposals that jeopardise our right to privacy need proper consideration. The SNP rejected a national ID register when the UK government tried to introduce ID cards.

“These proposals could pave the way for a similar scheme in Scotland and are being introduced without a proper debate by the public or MSPs.”**

No public consultation, the SNP don't do that sort of thing.

Everything they do is for 'our own good'.

See also named person

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/named-persons-role-to-start-before-child-s-birth-1-3690680

The arming of our police

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/armed-police-result-of-snp-push-to-centralise-power-1-3524420

Disproportionate Stop and search of our kids

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jan/17/police-stop-and-search-scotland

The thought of this lot having any 'say' anywhere is frankly worrying.

Bet you all can't wait until they hold the 'balance of power' down Westminster!

Yes it is a crap hole of a cesspit etc but whatever it is still your govt, it exists whether we like it or not and we have to do what seems less bad.

'Not voting' has got us into this mess up here, 'not voting' is one sure fire way to allow the likes of them and UKIP in, all they have to do remember is *vote* when you *don't.*

Everybody has the right to vote surely. I'm not an SNP voter and have no connections with them but surely UK parties can do better than put up posters of a former SNP leader. Funnily enough they will be not be seen up here.
tyroneshoelaces
38 posts

Mar 11, 2015, 12:20
I do believe you have the right to request that your medical records are not shared with other agencies without your consent. Would this change that? One big reason I could not begin to imagine voting Labour last time, though I'm left-leaning, was the ID card debacle. I would never have one. However, they all seem to want to bring one in by the back door.
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Mar 12, 2015, 15:11
This proposes a national database just like id cards.
It basically is the same thing without the hand held laminate.
I imagine these would follow soon enough.
Like the named person thing, there are issues with data protection so hopefully it will be kicked.
You folks in the rest of the UK do not deserve to have these despots foisted on you, we told them where to go in Sept and all I and other sensible folks can do is vote against them.
We voted to keep the UK together after three years of dragging us round by the scruff like rag dolls and they still ain't giving us peace.
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Mar 12, 2015, 17:43
You don't support the SNP, that is good to hear Drew.
I never supported anything about them, especially their separatist, nationalist *bullshit*.
Yes I find those posters a bit odd too, but I wasn't really talking about that but since we're kind of on the subject, if they get down Westminster to any noticeable extent it'll prove one hell of an existential crisis for them.
You can not at once reject the 'Westminster Establishment' and be part of it.
Killed off by assimilation perhaps.
Who knows.
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2557 posts

Mar 27, 2015, 08:21
sanshee wrote:
You don't support the SNP, that is good to hear Drew.
I never supported anything about them, especially their separatist, nationalist *bullshit*.
Yes I find those posters a bit odd too, but I wasn't really talking about that but since we're kind of on the subject, if they get down Westminster to any noticeable extent it'll prove one hell of an existential crisis for them.
You can not at once reject the 'Westminster Establishment' and be part of it.
Killed off by assimilation perhaps.
Who knows.

But with UKIP comparing Holyrood ministers to bombers, Tories willing to work with the EDL, Labour as usual taking us forgranted seems like there isn't much good there. Hopefully the Greens can make an impact up here. I certainly won't be voting SNP nor will I vote for any of the Unionist parties.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6214 posts

Mar 27, 2015, 17:38
I'd much rather have Nicola Sturgeon as PM than the current incumbent in number 10.

South of the border we've not all been brainwashed into believing the Tories that Alex Salmond is running some kind of rampaging feudal overlordship of the Highlands and Islands and will be coming for us next. We even realise he's not even First Minister any more.
carol27
747 posts

Mar 27, 2015, 21:39
thesweetcheat wrote:
I'd much rather have Nicola Sturgeon as PM than the current incumbent in number 10.

South of the border we've not all been brainwashed into believing the Tories that Alex Salmond is running some kind of rampaging feudal overlordship of the Highlands and Islands and will be coming for us next. We even realise he's not even First Minister any more.

Hear, hear.
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2557 posts

Mar 30, 2015, 10:23
sanshee wrote:
This proposes a national database just like id cards.
It basically is the same thing without the hand held laminate.
I imagine these would follow soon enough.
Like the named person thing, there are issues with data protection so hopefully it will be kicked.
You folks in the rest of the UK do not deserve to have these despots foisted on you, we told them where to go in Sept and all I and other sensible folks can do is vote against them.
We voted to keep the UK together after three years of dragging us round by the scruff like rag dolls and they still ain't giving us peace.

Yet the pro unionist camp with their sectarian overtones are allowed to hassle us at every move. I don't think so!
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index