23 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Re: Wee boys and explosives
Nov 06, 2002, 16:20
Talking of Palestine. Two things I read today that made me laugh out loud:

'As they're fans of the Old Testament, they must wonder why the writers of the Bible didn't take a similar approach. So the story of David and Goliath would end with Goliath treading on every settlement in Judah, justified by a spokesman saying "Let me show you the young Philistine mother hit by a stone thrown by Mr David. And if the Lord wants us to withdraw our giants, why doesn't he condemn the use of slings and pebbles?"'

'So they should let truly passionate believers do Thought For the Day, then it would be entertaining whether you agreed or not, just as Bob Marley and Aretha Franklin and the Blind Boys of Alabama are fantastic and Cliff Richard, well you know that bit by now. Maybe there could be an Islamic Fundamentalist Thought For the Day, that went: "Like many parents at this time of year, you may be wondering what on Earth to do with your bored 12-year-olds as they mope around the house through the seemingly endless summer holidays. So one tip you may consider, why not strap them to a bar of gelignite and send them into a crowded marketplace?" '

Both Mark Steel.

U-Know! Forum Index