Why did I watch Clarkson?

Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Why did I watch Clarkson?
Oct 21, 2002, 09:04
Actually I am very happy to have caught the show whilst channel hopping.

They ran an unmodified diesel car on vegetable oil ... and it worked!!!!!!

Used vege oil seems to be the best (from a restaurant or chippie) and all they did was add 3% (non kerosine) white spirit. The cost of the vege oil works out about 3 pence ... I'll say it again ... three pence a litre !!!!!

Of course the tax man has to get something and you have to cough up a further 23p in tax (in the UK). Still at 26p a litre and (alledgedly) extremely enviromentally friendly (unless of course it's GM oil seed rape etc) this has got to be a fairly promising thing.

One story has it that so many people are doing this in the north of England now that several supermarkets are rationing sales of vegetable oil.

Outstanding!!!
Killer
255 posts

Re: Why did I watch Clarkson?
Oct 21, 2002, 09:27
I like the fact that they seemed to think that it went best on the oil from the mexican resturant, and smelt like taco's
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Sorry ...
Oct 21, 2002, 10:18
... but he's a grade one tosser.

Can't abide his macho bullshit. I suppose it would have impressed me in my yoof, but now I look at him and am thankful that we are not immortal.
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

He wants to be careful ...
Oct 21, 2002, 10:28
... Dubya will have him on the Axis of Evil before he knows it.

:-)

Actually I think it's worse that he knows he's a tosser. He's probably a really nice guy who pretends to be a tosser for the craic.

Only kidding :-)
YerArseInParsley
365 posts

Oct 21, 2002, 14:30
Cos you were very very bored and drained of all lifes joys while the only aspect of your life you felt able to control was a TV remote ?
Any diesel car will run on vegetable oil though you do need to add a second oil filter, to remove the chips presumably.
Why don't I do that - I don't have a car.
Why don't you all do that ? Cos you're busy watching crap self made TV personalitys. Grrr.
Kill one TV personality an I will forgive you forever.
Killer
255 posts

Re: clarkson v saddam
Oct 21, 2002, 19:38
Oi carefull what you say about Essex Boys,

says Killer of Romford (Essex) nearly London, but most of them fit your description, peronally I had a stereotype 2CV with very poor steeo
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Essicks
Oct 22, 2002, 14:44
I have to defend Essex boys too, being one myself. It's the girls that are the scariest thing in Essex anyway. They're the only thing Essex boys are terrified of. This means there's a very delicate balance keeping things in harmony in Essex. If you were to take too many of the boys out of there to scare Saddam, the whole balance could be disastrously tipped and I dread to think what might happen. >shudder<
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Oct 22, 2002, 14:51
I saw that Top Gear, and that vegetable oil thing was the only really interesting thing on it. The rest was piss-poor shite, whcih looked like it had a Channel5 budget, not BBC. Filming it in that aircraft hangar made it seem even naffer, and the anonymous men hanging around the cars Clarkson was banging on about were drooling Daily Star readers by the looks of things with a 'Wahay' attitude. the whole thing sucked big time, and left me thinking exactly the same thing you've called this thread.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Clarkson on Brunel
Oct 22, 2002, 22:35
Just watched his nomination prog for Brunel for this Great Britons thing. Thought it was pretty interesting and entertaining as it happens.

ps If Princess Di wins it I shall leave the country
YerArseInParsley
365 posts

Re: Clarkson on Brunel
Oct 23, 2002, 02:53
My mum watched it and agrees with you. I can't watch Clarkson, but I watched Kirsty Warks take on IKB. Interesting bloke but I'd rather vote for Julian.
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index