Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: The people have spoken
Oct 21, 2002, 14:48
You poor get!

Unfortunately we quote sources that are potentially biased in the direction we want them to be (except for me refering to the beeb site all the time - their main advantage is that they are quicker than some)

There is no unbiased media is there?
YerArseInParsley
365 posts

Pravda
Oct 21, 2002, 15:14
There are no unbiased people but there are some media that aren't paid to manipulate the news, like schNews/ Indy Media and forums like this where news can be passed without the middleman.

Today in Livingston a cat fell off its seat and landed on its back not its feet.
On Saturday in Glasgow roughly 15000 people protested the war, and the BBC lied for Blair.
Anything else happens up here and I will post it.
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: Pravda
Oct 21, 2002, 15:23
I accept the schNews/Indy Media part, but I whole heartedly refuse to believe the cat story!
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7718 posts

Oct 21, 2002, 15:26
Mooncat?
YerArseInParsley
365 posts

Oct 21, 2002, 16:50
Its physics really, for a sleeping cats internal gyroscope to spin it, the distance it is falling has to be greater than its own height. A cat is at more danger on a sofa than a fence. I'll butter his back and try it again later.

Of course, over water an awake cat can bend the laws of phyics.
I heard once - but haven't tested this theory - that a cat will die from a 4 story fall or a 6 story, but will survive a 5 story fall as it has extra time to stretch itself out.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: cat landing.
Oct 21, 2002, 23:02
It must have been drunk. Happens to me sometimes too.
It's cool to watch em land on their feet in slow motion though...the back feet go first and the rest follow. very handy...or footy perhaps.
YerArseInParsley
365 posts

Re: cat landing.
Oct 21, 2002, 23:11
So thats how my birthday booze went so quickly, Roky's been lapping it up.
Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index