Wimbledon FC & MK Dons

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
stray
stray
2057 posts

Wimbledon FC & MK Dons
Oct 02, 2002, 15:22
WTF ?!?!?

where's the wimbledon fans that r on here. Anyroad, AFAIK MK council were originally planning to allow Wimbledon FC the National Hockey Stadium. As wrong as the idea of moving Wimbledon FC to MK is at least in the National Hockey Stadium they would have had a half decent stadium. but things have changed, now MK council r saying they will have MK bowl (!?!). Eh ? This venue has no seating, at all, is this legal ? The only sporting events I know of that have been staged at the bowl have been American Football games. As tempting as sitting on the grass embankement with my kids and a decent picnic whilst watching some quality soccer is I don't feel this is proper at all. Plus MK council claim that Wimbledon will be playing in MK b4 the end of the year.

A bit over optomistic I reckon. Wheres the wimbledon fan I know lurks here ? what d'ya say ?
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7718 posts

Re: Wimbledon FC & MK Dons
Oct 02, 2002, 17:16
Support AFC Wimbledon.
duckbreath
254 posts

Oct 03, 2002, 17:37
milton keynes franchise fc sucks no matter where they play or how comfortable their spectators are or are not

have they even stopped to consider who's going to watch them play - if they couldn't get more than 5k for their premiership home games in london they won't do any better in MK especially now they've lost all their old fans who were always the best thing about the club anyway - it's a total mess and i hope they go under
johan
165 posts

Oct 04, 2002, 13:48
I've seen some sketches of the proposed bowl site, it looks like they are proposing temporary seating for the time being. Not sure how that complies with the Taylor Report though.

Support AFC, chuck Wimbledon out of the league, and award Wolves the three points from the game in August.

Seriously though, how do people up in MK feel about all this? Is there support, excitement, outrage?

johan
U-Know! Forum Index