Head To Head
Register
U-Know! Forum »
'No Political meetings allowed in your own home!

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
beltaneboy
beltaneboy
39 posts

Edited Mar 21, 2012, 12:16
'No Political meetings allowed in your own home!
Mar 21, 2012, 11:55
I have just got back from an 'open day' held by 'Knightstone Housing Association' (the biggest HA in my area) in relation to a brand new block of flats they've built in Taunton, one of which I have been offered a tenancy for. We were all (about 20 potential new tennants) given an info pack, in which was the tennancy aggreement plus another three page document called 'estate rules applying to. . . ' (said property) Number one of these rules, at the top of the list is, I quote:

"You & your visitors must not hold in your home or common parts any political meeting or sale by auction".

I could not believe this and questioned the HA rep doing the presentation (it was all hideously corporate) & she didn't have any real explanantion why there should be such a stipulation specifically outlawing political meetings. I questioned if it was even legal in a so called democratic 'free speech' country.

The creep creep of the fascist state is definately gaining pace!

The tennancy is also one of the new government social housing fixed term tennancies, mine's for 6 years, after which they 'review' me and decide if they give me another 6 years! I asked what criteria they used to 'review' and was told if I then am earning lots of money/inherited a fortune/lottery etc. But her answer other than that was extremely vague, along the lines of: 'well, this is such a new kind of government tenancy, we don't really know much more about it'

I have the instinctual feeling that it may be related to 'well, you are still unnemployed (I have a serious permanent illness) and you haven't accepted the jobs offered you / 'help' we've offered you to get you back into work, so now, 6 years on, get out of your home!'

After all the recent talk by Labour of: social housing being for "the hard working and most deserving rather necessarily than the most needy' and the Tories of 'social housing tennancies should no longer be for life'!

Am I just paranoid?
MrsSevenrealm
MrsSevenrealm
204 posts

Re: 'No Political meetings allowed in your own home!
Mar 21, 2012, 12:45
No, you're not.
We used to have a housing association property, we managed 9 years.
One afternoon I remarked to my husband that we really needed to call out the repair service to fix the leak under the sink, "because we've left it too long and it's going to flood".
So, this is Friday.
Imagine my surprise as I opened the front door to the repairs guy, 8.30 Monday morning..."hello, I believe you have a leak under your kitchen sink?"
But we hadn't rang them!!!!!!!!
It was on his job sheet. It reminded me of a comment our next door but one anarchist neighbour (sic!!) had made as he passed by as we were enjoying a quick roll up at the front door, he remarked "what are you doing smoking out here? Is there a bug in your kitchen?"
He wasn't joking was he?
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Mar 21, 2012, 16:04
Fucking hell!

Where does a gathering of like-minded folk having a chat end and a political rally begin in the minds of these people?

Free speech?

Truly shocked!
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Mar 21, 2012, 16:34
Fucking disgraceful. The Tories are trying to make renting your home as socially unacceptable as smoking. Did you ask about swinging parties?
Lawrence
9547 posts

Mar 21, 2012, 16:45
no, your not paranoid. You're right.
rockhopper
275 posts

Mar 21, 2012, 17:40
What the fuck?????!!!!!
MrsSevenrealm
MrsSevenrealm
204 posts

Mar 21, 2012, 17:58
I'm sorry kiddies, but 'tis a true story.
beltaneboy
beltaneboy
39 posts

Mar 21, 2012, 18:19
That's well scary - maybe I'll leave Yggdrasil from LAMF on permanent repeat on my hi-fi - see how long they last listenning in?!?!?!?!?
beltaneboy
beltaneboy
39 posts

Mar 21, 2012, 18:27
Moon Cat wrote:
Fucking hell!

Where does a gathering of like-minded folk having a chat end and a political rally begin in the minds of these people?

That's exactly wat I thought!

I really feel like telling them to stick their tennancy but I'm currently living in the local ymca (extreme chav hell) after being evacuated from my private rented flat that was next to the river wall which collapsed 4th nov 2011 in Bridgwater http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=Lee_y2olK14 so I am DESPERATE!
beltaneboy
beltaneboy
39 posts

Mar 21, 2012, 18:29
Toni Torino wrote:
Did you ask about swinging parties?

Brilliant!

No I forgot but may do so at the viewing day! (but maybe not - I need a place to live)
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index