Bad News!!!

Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
yorkiebluebird
yorkiebluebird
22 posts

Bad News!!!
Sep 23, 2002, 16:44
i have heard from someone who spoke to someone who works at channel 4 that the u.s are bringing their "ray jean change" forward, very forward indeed til this week. so it could be that the war protests this weekend could be a little late. i hope i'm wrong.

YB
SpaceMonkey
25 posts

Re: Bad News!!!
Sep 23, 2002, 23:31
I hope you're wrong too, but it looks as though they'll follow their own agenda anyway. Bush has already said he'll ignore the UN, it's pretty obvious he'll ignore the rest of us too. There are too many vested interests at stake.... which makes it even more important that as many people as possible PROTEST and let the US know that we've HAD ENOUGH of WAR.
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Sep 24, 2002, 09:36
Latest figures show 85% of Brits only support action through the UN and yet Blair will go ahead and do it anyway. Democracy? What feckin' democracy!
YerArseInParsley
365 posts

Sep 24, 2002, 10:45
Nah, it'll be November before the Ministry of Truth can overwrite public opinion.
yorkiebluebird
yorkiebluebird
22 posts

Sep 24, 2002, 11:38
well the dossier comes out today and i've been on various websites seeing whats in it but don't you get the feeling that this is a big PR campaign to get at least 60% of the population behind it before they carry on.
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Sep 24, 2002, 11:53
I keep harping on about this, but I said a long time ago that they'd be in 'by the end of September'. I based this on info from very reliable sources.

I still think it may well be the case. In fact I would say that recent activities attributed to 'maintaining the no fly zone' do in fact mean that is has begun already but they ain't made it official yet.

Anyway, I expect to see a rise in air attacks over the coming two weeks as a prelude to the troops going in, if of course they don't simply decide to carpet bomb the country flat.
YerArseInParsley
365 posts

Sep 24, 2002, 17:18
Yes, but the '600 US troops that arrive in the region for long-standing exercises' don't arrive until November, when the US mid terms are.
Besides, that drunken Logistics Officer in the pub said it was then.

I notice GreaseMonkey is conspicuous by her abscence in this thread !
spirit
182 posts

Golf not gulf
Sep 24, 2002, 17:21
My male friends tell me no war until after the weekend so as not to disturb the Ryder Cup watching of Dubya ..

I can believe it, or maybe it's a bluff

xx spirit
YerArseInParsley
365 posts

Re: Golf not gulf
Sep 25, 2002, 13:41
A US TV commentator described one of the US golfers as playing ' very partriotically ' -presumably he had the stars and stripes sticking out of his hole.
yorkiebluebird
yorkiebluebird
22 posts

Re: Golf not gulf
Sep 25, 2002, 13:51
that is just fuckijn' ridiculous........but thanks for that, another dim and dum tale from the U.S.

YB
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index