Topic View: Flat | Threaded
stray
stray
2057 posts

Edited Apr 22, 2012, 17:19
Re: I luv this!
Apr 22, 2012, 17:13
nigelswift wrote:

i can't see anyone refusing power on the grounds the turn out was too low.

Can you define "a real change from outside"? It's a bit worrying!

Refusing power isn't the issue, its how people would respond to any policies or attempt at governance made over them.

By change from outside I mean a revolution of one form or another. I don't see whats worrying about that, they can't happen without the support of the majority anyway. Also revolutions just happen anyway, you can't organise them, organising a revolution is like organising a riot, you can't. Therefore they are natural occurences. Granted what may come afterwards may be absolutely terrible, and worse than what was, but change is better than nothing and is actually inevitable.

Things collapse, nothing in society is permanent after all. Its not a question of collapse or revolution being a good or bad thing, its an inevitable thing. As we evolve, and our socieities change, all the strata and structures that we've built end up becoming blockages to our progress. We reach a point where they are no longer positive contributors in their current forms. So, we either change their forms, or completely remove them. There's nothing frightening or worrying about this.. I mean, how do you think we got to where we are now from where we started ?

Heh, metaphysically the 'outside' is the 'radical elsewhere', whats outside of the frame of a picture.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index