Royal Bank of Bastards

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Wychburylass
28 posts

Edited Jan 25, 2012, 12:39
Royal Bank of Bastards
Jan 25, 2012, 12:30
I have been a credit card holder for Royal Bank of Scotland for a number of years. I don't use it too often, but one of the reasons I signed up for it was that I knew a percentage was being donated to the NSPCC.

I've had a letter in the last week saying they are now no longer supporting the NSPCC through this method. The letter did not make it clear which way they were still going to support the NSPCC, if in fact they are at all?. This is just another illustration of how the most vulnerable in society are being penalised.

Needless to say I am going to settle whats left to pay, as swift as I can. Then get the scissors out.
Kid Calamity
9045 posts

Re: Royal Bank of Bastards
Jan 25, 2012, 12:51
What a bunch of mean sods. Charity clearly begins in their back pockets.
MrsSevenrealm
MrsSevenrealm
204 posts

Jan 25, 2012, 21:15
I bank with them after a mortgage row with the TSB. Santander's about to swallow them up, so hey ho. Bit bloody tight that, as if they can't afford it, seeing as they are awash with OUR MONEY.
ratcni01
ratcni01
916 posts

Jan 31, 2012, 07:53
Great thread title!

x
landells
landells
680 posts

Jan 31, 2012, 18:58
I don't wanna defend scumbag bankers

but

a lot of companies change their charity 'partners' every year or two so although RBS are no longer supporting the NSPCC they might be supporting Barnardos or some other charity... or they might just be scumbag bankers!
Wychburylass
28 posts

Edited Feb 01, 2012, 21:29
Feb 01, 2012, 21:25
landells wrote:
I don't wanna defend scumbag bankers

but

a lot of companies change their charity 'partners' every year or two so although RBS are no longer supporting the NSPCC they might be supporting Barnardos or some other charity... or they might just be scumbag bankers!

I'm too much of a cynic. Why didn't the guy who got the bonus pass it on to charity? Thus proving all people in the finance industry aren't complete bastards
toasted-whippet
toasted-whippet
86 posts

Edited Feb 05, 2012, 12:04
Feb 05, 2012, 12:04
according to R4 money programme RBB are stopping charity cards all together
landells
landells
680 posts

Feb 05, 2012, 14:42
There we go then... scumbag bankers!
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Feb 06, 2012, 23:51
Erm, I hate to say this, but if we're bailing these fuckers out - and own most of the company - I'm not certain they should be issuing such cards

...I've written several things and deleted them. I'm not sure why I think this - it just seems how it should be. Something about this, no doubt, being tax deductible PR. And, nationally owned enterprises shouldn't be contributing to charity.
Wychburylass
28 posts

Feb 07, 2012, 20:07
anthonyqkiernan wrote:
Erm, I hate to say this, but if we're bailing these fuckers out - and own most of the company - I'm not certain they should be issuing such cards

...I've written several things and deleted them. I'm not sure why I think this - it just seems how it should be. Something about this, no doubt, being tax deductible PR. And, nationally owned enterprises shouldn't be contributing to charity.

I understand your point of view. They were donating before they became a public ally owned company. But me, I'm a tax payer who would have been happy for them to carry on donating. A minority I know
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index