drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2557 posts

Edited Sep 17, 2011, 20:37
Re: Correct me if I'm wrong, but
Sep 17, 2011, 20:34
Moon Cat wrote:
geoffrey_prime wrote:
There's a clear difference between crimes out of anarchy and basic fraud,,,and most people would accept that the ramifications of those crimes are different and so, should be considered differently by the legal system.
C'mon folks... this is BASIC!

Yes there is a difference. The frauds were commited by people in the public trust that often have a hand in dictating the law and are supposedly in positions of responsibility and are expected to perform as such. In other words, as well as the actual crime of fraud, their actions represent clear and repugnant abuses and violations of their publicly elected positions and power and a betrayal of trust. Their 'crime' extends far beyond the act itself. A kid nicking trainers is unlikely to be in a position of public office.

You're right...it is basic. And it's far more rotten at the top EXACTLY because of who they are and what they do.

That is totally correct, but sadly the establishment will protect the establishment, can't let the old school get sent down for to long. At the same time they consider the rest of us as statistics to throw away into a heap marked ignore. They don't give a toss as long as they can line their pockets with our money!
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index