Wikileaks

Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
wychburyman
951 posts

Wikileaks
Nov 29, 2010, 17:09
This has kicked off big time hasn't it.

Just wondered what you thought aboput it.

An American comentator/politician suggested that the people doing the leaks are "Low on the food chain"

Hmmmm

I wonder how much lower on the foodchain you can get then tapping the Sec Gen of the UN and uncovering sensitive information for your own ends?
Loopy Lumbago
Loopy Lumbago
95 posts

Re: Wikileaks
Nov 29, 2010, 18:22
Quote: "An American comentator/politician suggested that the people doing the leaks are "Low on the food chain"

Was it Glen Beck? ;o)
ratcni01
ratcni01
916 posts

Edited Nov 29, 2010, 22:59
Nov 29, 2010, 22:57
I wondere how much they already know anyway, anyone in any position of power. Iran must know that the Saudi's want rid of their regime. Stuff related to tha area is the most worrying, thank fuck Bush still isn't in the Whitehouse, what that fuckwit would have done I have no idea, but scary!

Really hoping the royal segment is a corker, just for the pure pure vicarious pleasure of seeing them squirm. Except its bound to be something that they shouldn't be vilified for, and the press will leap on the band wagon, and the house of windsor won't collapse and it'll be tomorrows chip paper.
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Nov 30, 2010, 13:35
Prince Andrew is a boorish tosser, gosh!
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Edited Nov 30, 2010, 19:04
Nov 30, 2010, 14:55
I must admit, whilst enjoying the schadenfreude aspects of watching the powers that be squirm when these things happen, I do have slight concerns about the Wikileaks head-honcho and where all this is going.

Embarrasing politicians is one thing and exposing hyposcrisy is another, but, when you're playing about in an area like the Middle East that's so bloody volatile, I hope a certain amount of thought goes into all this before pressing the 'send' button so to speak.
Plus, there's already speculation that China's revealed attitude to North Korea - apparently that of an errant child they feel they might be better off not being arsed about, an attitude that should at least take the heat off things - may now change because of their percieved position following the leaks

See, I can't help but feel that this Assange fellow is in danger of letting ego get in the way of judgement along the way. I mean, who wouldn't feel a bit of a buzz if you knew what you were about to do was guaranteed to ruffle feathers and rock boats in the upper echelons of global management? It's gotta give him the horn a bit.

So far, I'm for it. But, I hope wisdom prevails over ego when lighting the torch paper.
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Nov 30, 2010, 21:06
The left was quite vocal about the White House's revealing of Valerie Plame's name, and now faces the dilemma of how to respond to Wikileaks, which probably makes the Plame case look like a molehill.

There's no question that these leaks endanger certain operatives and agendas. One can only assume that the parties of interest are one step ahead and are monitoring Wikileaks constantly....

In the end, I believe transparency is better. There's a certain devil-may-care attitude in place, tho, re: these leaks that could potentially be playing fast and loose with people's lives.

It's certainly true that when these folks signed up for the job they knew they weren't playing tiddlywinks.
Myers
Myers
151 posts

Nov 30, 2010, 21:37
I'm with you on that moon.
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

Nov 30, 2010, 21:56
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/international/unmanned-wikileaks-drone-destroys-afghan-village-201011293295/
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2557 posts

Edited Nov 30, 2010, 22:13
Nov 30, 2010, 22:13
Yup agree with you. At the moment the North Korean thing is bad enough, something like this could push things over the edge especially as the aging idiot might want to go out in a blaze of so called glory. Same could be said for the Iranian leader, minus the age bit!
Deepinder Cheema
Deepinder Cheema
1972 posts

Re: Wikileaks Jejune reply
Dec 01, 2010, 05:11
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/11/29/AR2010112903248.html?nav=hcmoduletmv

It does say many things. This is the Pentagon papers to the test.
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index