U-Know! Forum »
do you smoke cannabis?

Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: do you smoke cannabis?
Aug 20, 2010, 15:58
Is this a genuine point first and foremost or is it fueled somewhat to 'catch' people out (posturing or otherwise)that you have clashed with over other issues in the past? There does seem to be a "HAH! Suck on this then!" tone to it.

The language of it seems to indicate this has something of a "tit for tat" quality to it that somewhat clouds the seriousness of the issues involved.

It's laudable information Pooley, if a bit simplistic. I would argue it's only the very well off that have the luxury of guaranteeing that all their consumables, be it luxury or necessity, are from ethical sources. Not to say people shouldn't try but there is a danger of "Casting the first stone" about it from all points of view I reckon.

ps Yes I do, very occasionally and, to echo other's comments, I have every reason to believe that the source is not of the type you allude to.
Suitcase of Courage
Suitcase of Courage
78 posts

Aug 20, 2010, 16:02
The last time I smoked pot was when I was holding a Fleetwood Mac Cd box in my hand wondering, really worried where the disc was despite the fact it was being played on the HiFi system I was listening to.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8763 posts

Aug 20, 2010, 16:03
pooley wrote:
grufty jim wrote:
pooley wrote:
grufty jim wrote:
handofdave wrote:
Don't call me a fucking hypocrite and then try to act friendly. Fuck you.

pooley wrote:
Fuck you too, hypocrite.

Jeez guys, does it need to descend to this level?

I had hoped not.

I regret that last post, but I seem to be paying the price for voicing a concern that goes againt the ethos of the site

pooley, I have already agreed with the thrust of your argument. Merrick has staunchly defended your position. With one exception, every pot-smoker here has clearly stated that they know the provenance of their pot. So please stop insisting that you're a lone voice against the "ethos of the site" on this particular issue. You're not.

You and handofdave have gotten into a regrettable slanging match, but damn near everyone is agreeing with your basic point here.

You are right, Jim. I hadn't read alot of the new stuff before spouting off.
Will teach me to take more time and not just respond.

Lesson learnt

Fair enough Pooley. I'll stop mouthing off now too.
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Re: my tuppence worth
Aug 20, 2010, 16:04
grufty jim wrote:
The vast majority of drinkers have already been weaned on mass-produced beer and tend to find the idiosyncratic taste of many homebrews less than palatable (and being one of the brainwashed masses, I speak for myself there)

Have to join you there. I did a fair amount of homebrewing for a few years, but rarely was 100 percent satisfied with the results. After all the time and trouble is accounted for, it's not that much cheaper to DIY. I think you really have to have a dedicated love of the whole process and the craft to get anything out of homebrewing.

If people could grow legally, it'd move a lot of indoor gardens outside into greenhouses, which would have the bonus of cutting back on the watts used for artificial lighting. But I suspect most people would purchase from commercial suppliers.

I believe that California is going to pass a voter initiative to legalize this November, I really do. Other states should quickly follow suit as the benefits of harnessing the now underground economy (legalizing and taxing) outweigh the tired old conservative fears. Every large state in the USA is hurtin' for revenue.

After all, legalization hasn't turned everyone you know into a smoker or a drinker. The streets aren't full of drunks now and they won't be full of stoned dropouts either. Or if they are, openness will allow those who overdo it to be recognized more quickly.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Aug 20, 2010, 16:06
Suitcase of Courage wrote:
The last time I smoked pot was when I was holding a Fleetwood Mac Cd box in my hand wondering, really worried where the disc was despite the fact it was being played on the HiFi system I was listening to.

One case where you should've probably taken notice of the Rumours you'd just heard 8^)
pooley
pooley
501 posts

Re: my tuppence worth
Aug 20, 2010, 16:08
handofdave wrote:
grufty jim wrote:
The vast majority of drinkers have already been weaned on mass-produced beer and tend to find the idiosyncratic taste of many homebrews less than palatable (and being one of the brainwashed masses, I speak for myself there)

Have to join you there. I did a fair amount of homebrewing for a few years, but rarely was 100 percent satisfied with the results. After all the time and trouble is accounted for, it's not that much cheaper to DIY. I think you really have to have a dedicated love of the whole process and the craft to get anything out of homebrewing.

If people could grow legally, it'd move a lot of indoor gardens outside into greenhouses, which would have the bonus of cutting back on the watts used for artificial lighting. But I suspect most people would purchase from commercial suppliers.

I believe that California is going to pass a voter initiative to legalize this November, I really do. Other states should quickly follow suit as the benefits of harnessing the now underground economy (legalizing and taxing) outweigh the tired old conservative fears. Every large state in the USA is hurtin' for revenue.

After all, legalization hasn't turned everyone you know into a smoker or a drinker. The streets aren't full of drunks now and they won't be full of stoned dropouts either. Or if they are, openness will allow those who overdo it to be recognized more quickly.

Agree with you there - Home Brew is usually awful
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Edited Aug 20, 2010, 16:16
Aug 20, 2010, 16:15
pooley wrote:
handofdave wrote:
Come on, man.
You called me, quote; 'A fucking hypocrite'
Then you tried to laugh it off.
I'm not gonna play that game with someone who declares that he's exempt from the rules he's laying down.

pooley wrote:
I dont think I tried to laugh it off. I just said I dont know you or your values, only what your said here. I then said despite that you couldn't be all bad.

That isn't laughing anything off! it's just pointing out that I dont know you, or your values (must i say it again???))

Naw, you made some dumb joke about the Kinks in a lame attempt to defuse the bomb you'd just tossed.

pooley wrote:
OK hypocrite may have been overly harsh.

Ya think?

[quote="pooley"]But then again, maybe not. because, you see - I DONT KNOW YOU

But you apparently know me well enough to judge me a fucking hypocrite.

Look, Pooley, if you want to simply apologize for that I'll accept and move on. Just don't try to rationalize being rude.

PS forgive my sloppy editing.
pooley
pooley
501 posts

Aug 20, 2010, 16:20
I was trying to defuse anything. Just thought it was funny. And I neither want to or need to apologise to you.
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Aug 20, 2010, 16:20

If there's one downside to smoking pot, it's the fact that it can lead to some seriously bad record purchases. I'm the less-than-proud owner of a Gong CD thanks to having them played to me while I was too stoned to move once. That night they sounded incredible. It was only later that I realised they were dodgy prog noodlers.

(apologies to fans of dodgy prog noodling... just not my cup of tea)
Suitcase of Courage
Suitcase of Courage
78 posts

Aug 20, 2010, 16:21
Moon Cat wrote:

One case where you should've probably taken notice of the Rumours you'd just heard 8^)

It was with Peter Green in Massachussets! at the Boston Tea Party '69. I recovered by the way.
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index