Register
U-Know! Forum »
who broke the ceasefire agreement?

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
espsummer
340 posts

who broke the ceasefire agreement?
Jan 10, 2009, 10:26
it has been widely reported or stated that hamas violated the ceasefire agreement with Israel. At least here in the United States. I thought that the ceasefire agreement was broken by Israel on November 4th....election day in the US. isn't that the real truth?
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Edited Jan 10, 2009, 14:53
Re: who broke the ceasefire agreement?
Jan 10, 2009, 14:52
It's almost beside the point at this stage who shot first. Actually, I have no doubt that Israel WANTED Hamas to break the cease fire to provide an excuse for them to unleash hell.

All I can say at this point is that both Israel and the Palestinians had a good chance of ending the conflict when the more moderate factions were in charge, but that's history. Everyone in the region has been radicalized and I don't hold much hope for progress now.

I find the whole thing massively depressing. Not only are the peoples of that region caught up in a fury of blind nationalistic violence, but their respective religions are inevitably stained around the globe, too. Peace-loving, moderate Jews and Muslims are being lumped in with their murderous cousins by a more often than not indiscriminate world opinion.

Nobody wins, everyone loses.
espsummer
340 posts

Jan 11, 2009, 09:38
i do believe you are right in that everybody looses but i do not think that the the actions of israel are in any way justified. if you blockade, starve and deny a people the basic necessitys of survival then you are not interested in peace. Lifting the blockade was part of the truce and that did not happen.
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Jan 11, 2009, 15:54
The irony here is that Israel was directly complicit in the creation of Hamas as a political chess piece they could use against other Palestinians.

Just like how the US backed the Taliban as a proxy force against the Soviets, Baron Frankenstein is being confronted by his own monster, again.
U-Know! Forum Index