U-Know! Forum »
Teetering on the brink of the new Depression

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Teetering on the brink of the new Depression
Sep 19, 2008, 14:28
You could always tell the truth but tell the candidate it's all lies and bollocks - they'll never check.
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Sep 19, 2008, 14:51
shanshee_allures wrote:
Am I the olny one who thinks 'Freddie Mac and Annie Mae' sounds like a couple of radio 1 djs?

:-)

x

I was thinking Jimmy Mack and Maggie May. Which dates me!
IB
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Sep 19, 2008, 15:08
shanshee_allures wrote:
Am I the olny one who thinks 'Freddie Mac and Annie Mae' sounds like a couple of radio 1 djs?

IanB wrote:

I was thinking Maggie May.

"Wake up Maggie, I think I got something to say to you;
The housing market's tanked and the loan payments just ain't comin' thru,
Your pension's getting harder to see,
'cause it was backed by AIG
Now it's insured by the Fed, and they're in hock to the Chinese..."
Lawrence
9547 posts

Sep 19, 2008, 18:13
Lol!
nigelswift
8112 posts

Sep 19, 2008, 20:00
"My bank upped their fee for overdrafts to 28 dollars per instance this summer"

Ours has been £30 per instance but the Financial Services Authority has ruled it ought to be £12 and there are huge legal cases which almost certainly will mean the banks paying back billions, going back six years. Keep your fingers crossed, you might get a windfall eventually! Having been a serial offender I'm in line for £850.... (Serial offender = one of their most desireable customers).
nigelswift
8112 posts

Sep 19, 2008, 20:19
"just didn't have an iota of concern about repercussions regarding the less wealthy and fortunate."

Having worked in the financial sector in a modest fashion I could see this working daily, and why. It's the incentive system, it's so generous that people have worked like stink for a few years maximising the amount of dodgy loans and gaining a huge pot, knowing that by the time the chickens came home to roost they'd have enough. A big percentage of the architects of this current mess are now out of it, living in country eatates away from London and with enough dosh to last them for the rest of their lives.
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Sep 19, 2008, 21:09
Wow, good luck with that. I should hope any successful class action suits in the UK would make one in the US more promising.

It's disgusting the way the institutions with virtual monopolies (everyone has to use a bank, or be a virtual non-person) callously rape the small time customers to whom a sum like that is a real chunk of flesh to demand. And they don't care if you have a cascading series of tiny overcharges, they hit you for every instance with another 30 clams, even if their total temporary payout is 5 bucks!

Creeps.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Sep 19, 2008, 21:26
Creepbusting....
http://www.askforitback.com/?gclid=CPeXorjM6JUCFSAbEAodTTGLeQ

Forgot to say, the ruling will also apply to supercreeps, credit card companies.
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Sep 19, 2008, 21:39
nigelswift wrote:
Creepbusting....
http://www.askforitback.com/?gclid=CPeXorjM6JUCFSAbEAodTTGLeQ

Forgot to say, the ruling will also apply to supercreeps, credit card companies.

I just submitted a complaint to the Federal Reserve.

... so if I stop posting, you'll know I'm being 'renditioned' somewhere by the goon squad!

Seriously, the freaking credit cards are eating me alive, too. Damned Chase hit me unawares with one of their little games where they send out a very anonymous looking letter that tells you you must answer within a week with a 'no I don't want that' reply, or they crank your APR up to 30%.

At this rate, unless I can start shoveling huge monthly payments at 'em, I'll be paying 300 percent interest on all my debt.

The other alternative is a 2nd mortage consolidation; Risky, but much lower rate. However, they're tightening those up CONSIDERABLY these days, with all the defaults.

And then there's a debt management plan, or even declaring, but both give you negative ratings in the process. I don't think I want to get cut off for the next seven years.

It's a real trap, and the government has let these pirates sail unmolested all over us. Naturally, and to a fair degree justly, it's our own faults for going into these deals, but the blatant favoritism towards the 'financial industry' is outrageous.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Sep 19, 2008, 21:53
handofdave wrote:

I just submitted a complaint to the Federal Reserve.

http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/jmo1586l.jpg

;)
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index