rightwing Dutch politician assassinated

Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
cancer boy
cancer boy
977 posts

Free Nelson Mandela!
May 09, 2002, 10:47
What I'd like to know is, why did he refuse - was it simply a demand for unconditional release, a Gerry Adams style refusal to alienate the hard core of the movement or genuinely keeping it in reserve as plan B? Time for me to get those biographies out of the library again!
Mr B
53 posts

on a trivial note
May 09, 2002, 12:26
jackboots was the term used by the British for the footwear of German WWII soldiers.

Enough!
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Re: Free Nelson Mandela!
May 09, 2002, 12:49
Demand dfor uinconditional release indeed it was.

I mean why should it be up to the illegitinmate racist state to determine how or when he should have been released? To accept that would have been to accept their legitimacy, which he, quite rightly, would never do.
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

generator?
May 09, 2002, 16:26
hmmm, you see the geezer was/ids called Mr Van der Graaf as well, there must be some bad puns to be made there......somethihg to do with refugees? a plague of lonely whitehouse kepers??
hmm, must be able to do better than that....
joss
9 posts

Re: rightwing Dutch politician assassinated
May 09, 2002, 16:54
I am not being ironic, I am honestly asking whether the U.S., in their current Bush-mania, could be objectively considered a 'fascist' nation.

"Fascism is a centralised form of nationalistic government with little power of democratic change and usually a strong militaristic bent."

- strongly militaristic (more than Russia or China?)
- centralised (around the Pentagon's whims)
- nationalistic (flags galore)
- little power of change (as evidenced by the latest elections)
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index