barack's nuts

Pages: 16 – [ Previous | 18 9 10 11 12 13 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Re: barack's nuts
Jul 15, 2008, 16:54
Tinky knew his inflammatory statement about Obama, which was crude, sadistic, and unbelievably insensitive, would spark outrage. My Klan hood comment was (admittedly) a little over the top, but it was a spontaneous and sincere reaction to hearing someone chuckle gleefully at the thought of 'ripping Obama's nuts off'.

Whether you like Obama or hate him, that sort of shit really doesn't belong here.
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Edited Jul 15, 2008, 17:18
Jul 15, 2008, 17:15
la lalala la lal ala

you started it

no you started it

no you started it

lal al ala lla la

ur mom smells of poo.

no. ur mom smells of poo.

no, ur mom...

No. Really. That's the way you've made yourselves look. At least to me.

Why not just stop? It's actually quite easy. Just don't post anything else.

Or you can even post a big long string of invective and vent, but then, instead of pressing the post button, press the little close window button on your browser instead. Or you can type in the stuff you want, then go and have a nice cup of tea. Read it when you get back and see how it looks... Then press post if you still feel like it.
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Jul 15, 2008, 17:37
You're absolutely right, of course. Tho I don't recall anyone accusing anyone else's mother of having an odor of poo.

Seriously, I do try to stay above that level. But sometimes I fail when someone comes along eager to piss other people off just to get a rise out of them. I have a short fuse when it comes to that sort of thing... and people who do it should deserve my pity more than my irritation. But I'm no saint and don't pretend to be one.
Anyway, sorry to have contributed to what swiftly became a very stupid thread.
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Jul 15, 2008, 18:19
Dave, I think you've eloquently explained your position well.

The recourse to insult wasn't helpful, but certainly understandable given that it was by no means as bad as what was said to you. The Klan thing was a hell of a red rag, but then I didn't know about the context you were seeing it in until you explained it. As Tinky's an American, I'm guessing that s/he doesn't share my ignorance (if s/he does I'm also guessing we'd have been told by now).

I think PMM's right in saying

PMM wrote:
the people that garner the most respect on discussion boards are generally the ones that post articulate reasoned thought out posts, not the posters that call other people names.

but to me it's something more important than getting the most respect on the board. It's that the discussion isn't really between the two people arguing, like any public political debate it's for the reasonable independent third party reading it.

If you're arguments are so right, they'll stand. The reaching for insult is usually the sign of someone who knows they haven't got a proper answer. If you don't rise to it, it becomes clear that your point is right.

And beyond that, whilst I welcome someone who's passionate about their politics and deeply admire much of what you've said on HH, insult begets insult and it turns the board into a shouting match that discourages input from people who don't want to be shouted at.
Sir John Dunn
Sir John Dunn
530 posts

Jul 15, 2008, 18:21
nigelswift wrote:
"I want my lifestyle as it is and when push comes to shove so do the majority of us"

Well you can't, thicko.

Post of the week!
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Edited Jul 15, 2008, 18:33
Jul 15, 2008, 18:27
tinky10675 wrote:
Merrick it's Assholes like this I am referring to.

I know, you clearly inferred it in your previous posting.

And the point I have made repeatedly is that his morality and actions have absolutely nothing to do with the tenability of yours. I have asked you to address that. Once again, you refuse.

tinky10675 wrote:
As to staying at the top of the food chain at others expense Merrick Yes I do believe that is how the world works and has since the dawn of mankind.

In the total absence of any proper response to the questions i've asked you, I'll take that as a yes to overconsumption.

You reach for another euphemism - food chains rather than ladders - but it's a yes. A yes to your right to overconsume resources at the expense of most people today and everyone tomorrow. A right to have things you don't need at the expense of the basic essentials of life for others.

That's as immoral, obscene and anti-human as it comes.

And it's not how the world has always worked. Most of the great advances come from mutual co-operation and teamwork, not seeing who you can beat down.

But even if your model were true, the thing is that even if some other people are violent and selfish, it does not excuse us doing it. there has been rape and murder since the dawn of time - is it OK for someone to come and rape you and kill your family?

Though much is wrong and bad things do often triumph, it does not mean we should not work for a fairer world. But you don't believe that, as long as it's you who benefits from the injustice.

If only it were you in Ethiopia watching your land dry up and your family starve because of the shifting rainfall patterns just because other people want air freighted flowers and cars.

tinky10675 wrote:
I consider them Hero's for maintaining our way of life

I consider them the pawns of people who get the real benefit. Far more than you it's the people running Halliburton and their friends.

tinky10675 wrote:
fewer people have died in four years in this war than die in the US from drunk drivers in a WEEK.

No, reliable estimates put it at close to 100,000.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but What I suspect you mean is that american deaths are that sub-drunk driver figure. Me, I count all the deaths in the war, not just the American ones. Because I believe that a human being is just as human irrespective of their nationality.

People who don't - and you appear to be one - well, we have a word for them. It's the same word that we'd use for saying one person's unnecessary luxury is worth another person's death just because of their respective nationalities.

If you don't want to be called a racist, don't think and talk like one.

tinky10675 wrote:
Funny to me how someone with a different opinion is deemed a troll by people who don't agree with them.

But that's not what happened to you. You've come on and made incoherent and inflammatory statements, and very quickly resorted to extensive eruptions of insults whilst studiously avoiding any calm or measured responses. If that's not troll behaviour, what is?

You really should rein in the insults and talk intelligently - preferably starting with proper answers to questions you've been politely asked numerous times about issues you chose to raise - or you should leave.
Sir John Dunn
Sir John Dunn
530 posts

Jul 15, 2008, 18:29
tinky10675 wrote:
By the way Dave again you IDIOT while the lives lost in the war are unfortunate and I consider them Hero's for maintaining our way of life fewer people have died in four years in this war than die in the US from drunk drivers in a WEEK. It is ones choice to join the military and possibly make the ultimate sacrifice. Fucking RETARD

Enough of that poo-poo, Tinky!

Dave walks, others run.....
Sir John Dunn
Sir John Dunn
530 posts

Jul 15, 2008, 18:31
handofdave wrote:
I don't think Merrick's gonna defend you, ace.

You talk like a fascist. Seriously, listen to yourself.

Oh, aye.
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Jul 15, 2008, 19:05
My apologies to the board in general if anyone was made uncomfortable by the tone of any of my posts. Not very enlightened of me to go off like that. I would never shout down someone that observes, and therefore deserves, civility.
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Jul 15, 2008, 19:09
To be fair, you were not the only one resorting to insults.

I did notice however that the posts that did not resort to using them went generally unanswered, so maybe someone was beign indulged along the way.

Breathe now, yer heed must be aching from bashing it off that brick wall.

;-)

x
Pages: 16 – [ Previous | 18 9 10 11 12 13 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index