barack's nuts

Pages: 16 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Re: barack's nuts
Jul 13, 2008, 13:21
Hi Dave. Can you show me where Tinky says he supports McCain please?
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Jul 13, 2008, 13:36
He plainly says in several posts that he's going to vote for McCain as a protest vote against Obama.

Tho he claims to despise both candidates, Tinky's penchant for framing the differences between them in machismo terms speaks volumes about where his head is at.
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Edited Jul 13, 2008, 13:57
Jul 13, 2008, 13:45
That's your reading, not mine. You claimed he supports McCain, but voting for someone and supporting them are two different things. Presumably if Hilary Clinton had won the Democratic nomination, you'd vote for her, yet would not necessarily support her. Also, if a green candidate had a chance of winning, wouldn't tinky be voting for that candidate, and also, wouldn't you?

You claim it's better to vote for the lesser of two evils, so your support for Obama is not uncritical. It shouldn't take too great a leap to extend the same principle to other posters here, surely?

Dave, I think you're an intelligent and principled person, who's desperate to see the back of the current administration. But please don't let that desperation blinker you to the thoughts and feelings of others.

Oh, and Tinky... Why the fuck aren't you voting for Nader if you wish to lodge a protest vote?
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Jul 13, 2008, 14:20
Tinky casually dismisses both candidates as 'the turd sandwitch and the giant douche' but then spends an inordinate amount of time totally trashing and attacking Obama, with language that reeks of personal bile.

I haven't heard much specifically from him about why McCain is bad for America.

Tinky's posts just continue to build (for me, anyway) a mental image of a man who wants to be simultaneously accepted by liberals while attacking them. I don't know what the psychological nomenclature would be for that, but there's something twisted about it.

And his quickness to descend into all out personal attacks using the language of 12 year olds doesn't help me respect anything the guy has to say, quite frankly.
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Edited Jul 13, 2008, 14:29
Jul 13, 2008, 14:28
Dave, if you implied that I was a racist or a Klansman, I'd probably tell you to fuck off as well.
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Jul 13, 2008, 14:40
PMM wrote:
Dave, if you implied that I was a racist or a Klansman, I'd probably tell you to fuck off as well.

Yeah, it's a loaded thing to say. But so is "I'll hold him down while brother Jesse rips his nuts off", which brings any pretenses of serious political debate crashing down, and intimates hatred that goes much deeper than political policy disagreements, to put it blandly.
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Jul 13, 2008, 14:54
Well, I'm going to discontinue engaging in this one Dave. I think it's a shame that you can't see past your own personal prejudices, but then, who can?
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Jul 13, 2008, 15:14
I have no prejudgments against someone I never met. My souring on Tinky has everything to do with what he says in his posts, which have included insulting language against liberal philosophy, insulting language against gay marriage proponents, support for military muscle-flexing (reducing it all to biggest kid in the sandbox terms), his 'bigger dick' boasts about his affluence when confronted, etc.

Maybe I'm being rougher on him because we share a government. The stakes are high on this election and to hear someone who claims to be 'green' say he's going to vote for another goddamned republican does press my buttons, yeah.
tinky10675
tinky10675
209 posts

Jul 13, 2008, 16:22
Doesn't take much to push your buttons Dave.Just have a different outlook then you and your righteousnesses comes right on through. Obama is another Carter...I dont think we can survive that as a country. Mc Cain is far from another Bush.He's not someone I would want given a better choice but we will survive 4yrs of him better than the Idiot who thinks OUR children should all learn spanish. How many languages do Obama's kids speak Dave? Do you know? Try ONE! the Guy is off his nut and we are in deep shit if he wins(deeper than we already are). Im just happy his true colors are being to show I just hope it's not too late.Mc Cain will be crap but again he will be to old in four years to run (or ruin) again Obama has the potential to screw us for 8yrs straight not counting his Legacy so stock up on Lube Dave ol' buddy you'll need it more than ever.
Five
Five
960 posts

Jul 13, 2008, 17:10
handofdave wrote:
I don't know what the psychological nomenclature would be for that, but there's something twisted about it

Paranoid narcissist. If not worse. The aggressive tendency leans towards sociopathy.
Pages: 16 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index