"Fathers 4 Justice"

18 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Edited Jul 10, 2008, 15:19
Re:
Jul 10, 2008, 15:18
If my partner had gone into court during those painful access hearings wearing a superhero suit that would've got loads of attention too, but for all the wrong reasons. He would've been told to awap his tights for some trousers for one.

Every time there's a news feature on them it's always said with a wry smile. Not very good. He fought so hard he finds it insulting. It's the difference between Greenpeace drawing our attention to global warming and Madonna jumping to save the planet as far as I'm concerned. It give people an excuse not to take them seriously totally counter productive.

***Prison for giving his children Christmas presents
In 2000, a judge sentenced a father to four months in prison for giving his children Christmas presents during a scheduled contact meeting, in breach of the court order***

From their site

http://fathers-4-justice.org/f4j//index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=14&Itemid=43

Out of context,we never get to know the context and never will. No one gets jailed for giving their children Xmas presents alone, but that's the gist of their rhetoric.

And I think 'families 4 justice' would be better anyway. There's little talk of how they'd wish parents to work together, of how courts could do more to ensure that. Males v females. Simpe as.

It's like those horrible 'nutjob' feminists (different from the thoughtful type) who set up female only communes and gave away any baby boys they had (saw this a few years back in BBC4's 'Lefties' series).

I do get everything you say, but I see them as a hinderance more than anything.

x

U-Know! Forum Index