U-Know! Forum »
Bonus Bullshit

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Wychburygirl2
Wychburygirl2
46 posts

Bonus Bullshit
May 20, 2008, 10:58
In the past couple days, two heads of major companys, BA and Marks and Spencers. Have announced they are not accepting a pay bonus.

Should I praise their humbleness. Not a cat in hells chance! It is not as if the bonus would have altered there already fat-cat-I-can-tread-on-anybody-life-style.

Wankers.
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Re: Bonus Bullshit
May 20, 2008, 11:11
I heard on the radio this morning that one of the autoworker's unions is agreeing to have their hourly pay cut from 28 to 18 dollars an hour. That's sacrifice. No doubt they were faced with a choice- that or no job at all.

Rich people who make a big deal out of not grabbing more pie, on top of the stack they've got already? How heroic of them.
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

May 20, 2008, 11:58
Quite. What heroes. Like all their kind they should be inside for tax avoidance anyway. Do I have evidence? I don't need it. All the super-rich hire accountancy firms to help them avoid what they should be paying.

Fucking scroungers.

x
Wychburygirl2
Wychburygirl2
46 posts

May 20, 2008, 13:18
Yeah! Why on earth are the government putting resources into a campaign for Benefit fraud, when equally but also more so they should be focused on tax fraud.
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

May 21, 2008, 04:21
Well, fighting benefit fraud is potentially an easier task, for one thing. Very, very few people are going to be sympathetic to a charity thief, whereas there are plenty of tax evader sympathizers out there. So in terms of sheer public relations, they're getting more bang for the buck by going after the charity frauds.

Of course, they'd eventually get more revenue recovered by going after the tax frauds, but that would involve a geometrically much larger enforcement effort- which would cost money in itself- and expose, no doubt, a lot of prominent members of society who, by extension, dissuade this sort of attention thru the strings they are able to pull.
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

May 21, 2008, 10:25
Because New Labour loves the obscenely wealthy and despises the poor.

x
U-Know! Forum Index