Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Wildlife 1, Golfers 0.
Nov 29, 2007, 16:05
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/north_east/7118105.stm

Donald Trump's plan to build a golf course on a Site of Special Scientific Interest has been rejected!
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7718 posts

Fearing For The Appeal
Nov 29, 2007, 16:08
Against: environmental groups such as RSPB Scotland as well as some local residents.

For: business and tourism.
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Re: Wildlife 1, Golfers 0.
Nov 29, 2007, 16:12
Nice. I thought when it got the outline planning apporval last week that was it a done deal.
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Dec 04, 2007, 21:41
http://www.stv.tv/content/news/headlines/display.html?id=opencms:/news/Council_under_pressure_to_overturn_Trump_decision

Not looking the same now.

x
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7718 posts

Dec 05, 2007, 11:28
Please let the current investigation into dodgy donations uncover a trail of dirty money from Trump to the Scottish government.

Anyone think he's not greasing palms?
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Dec 05, 2007, 12:08
The other day his spokesman was on the news talking about the council chucking this out. He said something along the lines of "take your small-minded insular shithole of a country and stick it where the sun don't shine, ya bunch of backwards haggis-munching troglodytes".

Unfortunately, I suspect there's enough MSPs that will genuinely think this is a great thing for Scotland. No greasing required, just ram it right in there.
mercian
mercian
302 posts

Dec 05, 2007, 12:30
There`s always the appeal. How many drunken developments in your town were chucked out then surface later after "appeal".
Did you hear Trump slagging off the farmer and his "scruffy farm and rusty tractors" what a shit.
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Dec 05, 2007, 12:56
Yeah, but that scruffy farm and rusty tractor are gonna be smack bang in the middle of his billion dollar development. Local hero, indeed.
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Dec 05, 2007, 12:59
mercian wrote:

There`s always the appeal. How many drunken developments in your town were chucked out then surface later after "appeal".

Well, when it comes to painting the library walls red, yes, but this is huge - too huge to be dealt with the way in which it was.

Five or so minion like council committe members, not everyone who ought to have been involved was.
I think that might look like the ultimate rouse: this way Salmond & co (I really despise the git, always have) can claim the vote was in essence 'undemocratic' - we've heard it already.
Political doublespeak toss fer sure.

Trump says he'll make the development as 'enviromentally empatheitc' as possible (?), and that he's doing this out of his love for the place and the people (got a Scottish granny or something).

Somehow though, I think there might be something like a shoot to kill policy should one of us lowly proles go anywhere near the place.
Shit - means bastardface Connery might be tempted back too - bah!

x
red peony
red peony
645 posts

Dec 09, 2007, 02:42
Donald Trump and his ilk don't do anything unless it makes him money. Full stop.

He may shit gold coins, but he'll always have the face of an alpaca goat's arse.

And that, you cannot change, with any amount of cash.

;-) x
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index