192.com

5 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Re: 192.com
Dec 31, 2006, 00:10
Bloody hell! I didn't even know that existed! If that's the case it's little wonder we still get so many nuisance calls even though we're ex-directory, have a block on the line for BT against cold-calling companies and have a bank account with one of the only banks that supposedly doesn't forward personal information to third parties. It is a mystery, however, that the nuisance calls are usually for the people that lived in the house before us - if such information is so freely available it's a wonder these people haven't sussed that the previous occupants moved about two years ago! My suspicion is that they're still giving our phone number out to anyone that asks for it, but that's a topic for an entirely different rant. I too find it a bit freaky that people are so easy to trace like that - I'll take this opportunity to declare that I have no money, don't want a loan or a mobile phone, don't need uPVC double glazing and have no wish to change my electricity supplier at this point. In the unlikely event, however, that Julian Barratt is stalking me then yes - that IS my name, address and telephone number and I'm free on weekdays between half nine in the mornings and half two in the afternoons! ;-)

U-Know! Forum Index