How come....

Pages: 4 – [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

How come....
Jul 18, 2006, 12:51
....an organization that wants the destruction of Israel killed and captured soldiers and Israel have responded by bombing the fuck out of Lebanese civilians and trying to 'send the Lebanon back twenty years', and none of us on here has mentioned it?

x
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Re: How come....
Jul 18, 2006, 12:56
I'm sitting with my eyes covered, clicking my heels and muttering there's no place like home, there's no place.... That's why.

From elsewhere:
I wonder how people would have reacted if, in response to IRA terrorism, the British army had bombed civilian targets (for example, roads and power stations) in the Republic of Ireland.

Would polite society soothe itself with the thought that the Paddies brought it on themselves?
Would the British repeatedly paint themselves as victims, despite their overwhelming military superiority?
Would all critics of it have been labelled "anti-British" racists?

I really don't know.
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

Edited Jul 18, 2006, 13:20
Jul 18, 2006, 13:19
"I'm sitting with my eyes covered, clicking my heels and muttering there's no place like home, there's no place.... That's why."

Yeah, I agree. Ddidn't mean to sound stroppy there, it just seems weird that noone's mentioned it. Personally I find it pretty scary but I also am a bit wary of coming out with ill informed shite about it.

I also read that qoute - I think it's probably spot on.

x
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Jul 18, 2006, 14:21
Armageddon anybody?

beam me up scottie...I've seen enough!
8o(
embryonomore
embryonomore
853 posts

Jul 18, 2006, 14:55
Has anyone seen anybody remotely criticise or question Israels actions in the news? It all seems very matter of fact in it's presentation to me.
Leonard
Leonard
359 posts

Jul 18, 2006, 15:46
Yep, Jon Snow on C4 News always gives the Israeli spokesperson/govt minister a good verbal kicking. There are a few videos/reports made by people in Lebanon on youtube.com that are rightly terrifying.

I've been watching/studying the middle east and the Israeli conflict a lot and I think it's safe to say that noone has a fucking clue how this is going to end. I can't see Israel attacking Syria, nor Iraq, but still, it could happen. The sooner they get a token UN force in there between hezbollah and the IDF the better, then we'll see how far Israel is really prepared to go, and how far it's willing to risk its extraordinary (and IMO completely unwarranted) respect it has in the non arab world.
odannyboy
82 posts

Jul 18, 2006, 15:46
mojojojo wrote:
....an organization that wants the destruction of Israel killed and captured soldiers and Israel have responded by bombing the fuck out of Lebanese civilians and trying to 'send the Lebanon back twenty years', and none of us on here has mentioned it?

x

Being labelled an anti semite keeps me from saying anything against Israel these days. I sincerely believe this is an excuse to raise tensions in the middle east in a lead up to attacks on Iran and Syria. Israel have plenty of nukes of their own as well as a huge stock pile of US nukes too. I'll talk plenty more about this if you're up for serious debate.

Dan:-{)
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Jul 18, 2006, 19:27
I've come to the ill-informed conclusion that Israel is just fucking really enjoying itself once more......
Lump Of Green Slime
56 posts

Jul 18, 2006, 22:02
While I've no time for odious and racist organisations like Hamas and Hezbollah there have been far more civilian casualties on the Palestinian side since the intifada started and now the same thing is happening in Lebanon.

And yet it's only isolated characters in the media (the Oxford Poet Tom Paulin, Robert Fisk, Harold Pinter) that seem to see things the way people here do.

As far as I can see, the Israelis themselves are the best example of Anti-Semitism around, given their treatment of a Palestinian people who share the same ethnic ancestry.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Jul 19, 2006, 15:01
I've been so angry at Israel and their lobby I nearly became an 'anti-Semite'...
Pages: 4 – [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index