Register
U-Know! Forum »
reynard 2002, hunt the cunts!!

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
winterjc
30 posts

reynard 2002, hunt the cunts!!
Jan 02, 2002, 23:38
Happy New Year and happy days ahead to all of you!!!!!
Mike Watson's (member of scottish parliament) wild mammals bill which will ban hunting with dogs in Scotland looks set to get the parliamentary time and support this year to become law (Despite stalling tacticts by tory rural MSP's). This is a step in the right direction.
The bill recently was passed to the next stage of the legislative process after a vote of 84 - 34 in favour of banning this barbarism.

Despite threats by the cuntryside alliance to shite skitter Princes Street, it all looks good.

Watson has championed the bill, describing some of the practices graphically in parliament.
"When caught, mostly the fox is torn by several hounds and essentially becomes a living rope in a tug of war"

This should end the anomoly, that if I was to set dogs on somebody's cat, I'd be rightly locked up, but in the name of pest control this "sport", practiced by a tiny minority, is tolerated - we protect pets but wild animals are fair game and can suffer any amount of pain in 2002.
If (before Scottish Devolution) previous scuppering tactics by the house of in-bred lords (and thank fuck the lord/lairds dont have the rubber stamp up here)had not been successful (after large minorities in favour of banning hunts in the commons by MPs) this would not have been necessary in Scotland.

The power must be continued to be taken from the lords before the rest of the wild mammals in these islands are better protected (not to mention all the other benefits of us reclaiming the power that the these unaccountables have in our our lives).
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: reynard 2002, hunt the cunts!!
Jan 03, 2002, 09:40
I'm very glad to say that it still disgusts me after all these years of armchair protesting. When out on one of my little jaunts to the stones before the Yule I ran into (almost literally) a hound pack as they jumped over a wall and into the road in front of me. I was out of the car like a shot and hurling wonderful abuse at the huntsmen and followers. I was quite surprised to find a more dignified response from them than I used to get in the UK. Maybe there's hope here in Ireland to get the bastards to stop.

Happy-to-have-not-been-horse-whipped-on-this-occasion

FourWinds
Ride On!! ... but to watch them foxes ... not kill 'em!
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Jan 03, 2002, 12:43
Too right. Fox-hunting is an anachronistic hangover forpm the days of the feudal system which should have been laid to rest years ago along with other obscenities like cock-fighting and bear-baiting. The Labour government's continual stalling of the "Hunting with dogs" bill in England is just one of the myriad resaons why they failed to get my vote a second time, and why I regret voting for them the first time - not that they were ever likely to represent more than the (slightly) lesser of two evils to begin with. Let's hope we follow Scotland's example soon.
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Jan 06, 2002, 23:28
Here's hoping we get rid of hunting this year. Not just for the cruelty to the animals, but for the class privilege it embodies and perpetuates.

We baned working class blod sports like dog fighting and cock fighting decades ago, but fox and deer hunts continued cos the toffs like them. Ending fox hunting will not only be a big step for humane treatment of animals but also for a fairer human society.
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Jan 06, 2002, 23:29
Fuckin hell, why am I so bad at typing double letters?

'we baned working class blod sports'???

Sorry folks.....
Freyja
22 posts

Jul 15, 2002, 23:08
its about time perhaps that our darling royal family could stop the blood sports.

How dare ANYONE purposely kill our beautiful animals. Don't we do enough damage to wildlife
as it is with cars, chemicals, building etc... To kill to eat is one thing, but for sport, pah, Bloody cowards.
U-Know! Forum Index