533 posts

Re: Who here has a shred of decency?
Apr 30, 2006, 20:01
'tis done
67 Shelby Mustang
45 posts

May 06, 2006, 10:02
i tried to click the petition, but , you know, there were too many personal questions and it's none of their fucking business. just take it as read that i want the same as yourself.

having said that, when you can walk amongst the stones of Avebury for nothing and watch your kids do rolly pollys into the earthworks and picnic inside the Las Vegas of stone circles, then find yourself queueing up in a car park only to be charged five fucking pounds to stand a hundred yards away from the 'henge' FUCKING SUCKS... i REPEAT... FUCKING SUCKS THE BIG ONE.

the bleeding monuments been standing for several thosand years it's Affasburgs little brother, so what the fuck are we going to do to affect its beauty.

i appreciate that human kind is sort of relentless, but for fucks sake to put one of the most important man made objects in history in a - if you like - fish bowl then as far as i'm concerned they can - the powers that be - GET FUCKED.

we should be signing a petition that states 'IT'S OURS AND WE WANT IT BACK'

if it collapses under the weight of love then hey' it's had a good innings, but they don't build 'em like they used to and we all know that that suckers going to be standing for another two thousand years.

were their people that policed ancient burial sites thousands of years ago that tried to stop the cave painters?

were they vandals?

life's progression, progression is life, so as far as i'm concerned when they give me back Stonehenge i'll give the bastards my backing.

blue skies
nigelswift
8112 posts

May 06, 2006, 11:04
Thanks. I agree with a lot of that... I think...

One thing, although they'll probably still want your fiver (or more) the last I heard was that it was intended you'll be able to move amongst the stones... but who knows if that will really happen. Or, that it'll be possible. A million people a year on one bit of grass? Will they go for a hard surface.. or astroturf... or keep them out?

Like you say though, Avebury's a billion times better anyway. Me, I reckon it was already built and erected at Avebury and it just got nicked in flat pack form so it would probably be better being taken back there. Spookily, there's exactly enough room on top of Silbury.
67 Shelby Mustang
45 posts

May 06, 2006, 14:51
beautiful thought man, we both know that the 'Henge' is several thousand years younger than Avebury, but wow' can you imagine right at the end of the neolithic era tronking across what would be Wiltshire and seeing Stone Henge on top of Silbury Hill.

the ultimate construction of its time

wow

nice one mate, i'll have pleasant dreams this evening.

but then can you imagine waking up one morning and it's gone, some pykies lifted it overnight.
nigelswift
8112 posts

May 06, 2006, 16:12
"we both know that the 'Henge' is several thousand years younger than Avebury"

nah, the main sarsen circle and Trilithons fit the timescale when the Aveburyites were getting clever at making big stone monuments. And Silbury was built just before then as well so it all fits!

"the ultimate construction of its time
wow"

or ever virtually, considering what it would look like. An exercise in perfect proportion.

"but then can you imagine waking up one morning and it's gone, some pykies lifted it overnight. "

"Aaaar sorry sir, we thought it wasn't wanted..."
67 Shelby Mustang
45 posts

May 06, 2006, 16:42
HAHAHA! nice one blood X
67 Shelby Mustang
45 posts

May 07, 2006, 08:16
i'm with you mate, who are the bastards that have the right to deny us?
they're generating money and that's it.
we want it back mate, it's ours.

sweet as a nut baby xxxxxxx
nigelswift
8112 posts

May 07, 2006, 08:25
we want it back mate, it's ours.

... trouble is, when "we" had it "we" sold hammers in Amesbury for people to chip bits off.

And what about the meganut Gary Denke (don't put him into Google, you'll be there all day) who has dug down into it in search of the Ark of the Covenant?!

And how about that nice Mr Croley who thinks its evil and needs demolishing before the lizards pop out of it in 2012 ?

You're sane I'm sure and I'm half sane but I don't trust anyone else.
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

May 07, 2006, 15:47
I don't have a single shred of decency, am completely self-centred and I hate heritage with a passion. I signed the petition anyway. I hope you don't mind.
Rolling Ronnie
Rolling Ronnie
1468 posts

May 08, 2006, 08:59
Welcome back Kevin ;-)
Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index