U-Know! Forum »
1 Merrick your cool..&

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Schlager Man
118 posts

1 Merrick your cool..&
Nov 26, 2001, 07:30
Sorry..posted this in the wrong place a few days ago..

1 Merrick your cool..& frankly lovely...& that's comin' from a hairy assed paddy..

2 Buy rooted 2 from Godhaven Ink...I spent the day amazed..laughin' & generally being educated by right dudes!

http://home.freeuk.net/rooted/index.html

3 Millennium Buggery, by Radio Savage Houndy Beasty .. fuckin' excellent ( sorry for thee bad words)

http://www.r.shb.org.uk

.. or you can hear stuff on W.S.Y.M - All Ugly Radio ( on this site)

4 Cd went off to ya yesterday.. sorry it's abit more than strange...but there ya go!

Love Peace & Slán

S
Schlager Man
118 posts

Re: 1 Merrick your cool..&
Nov 26, 2001, 07:31
So..

Has anyone else had a read of Rooted 1 or 2?

Slán

S
Proserpine
195 posts

Nov 26, 2001, 10:21
Yeah, highly recommended for only a quid. All sorts of thought-provoking and also amusing skits. I keep meaning to play Carry On Drinking....
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Nov 26, 2001, 12:28
Don't play carry on drinking! Was mailed a copy of that fiendish plot...it went like this..

Me and the fine Joski Pappaloni became entrenched for a night of Vodka and experimentation, only problem was, the Carry On Film in question was Carry On Up The Jungle. So count how many times Bernard Bresslaw wore an 'ethnic' costume (continuously) and how many times there occured a 'penis euphemism' (every time Sid got his gun out, i.e. constantly) and *there* was the dastardly recipe that saw us both lying in the local cemetery at 4:30 am, laughing in the mist, not knowing what the feck we were doing there!

Choose your films and poison carefully, and all good vibes to Godhaven Ink!

Hurrah!

Morfe
Schlager Man
118 posts

Oh how I laughed..?!
Nov 28, 2001, 08:33
Beards as tools of Revolution...for our modern times.

Revolutionary facial fuzzery!

Karl Marx..Vladimir Lenin..Paul Rodgers..Fidel Castro

Tache terror!

Josef Stallin...Kenny Ball...Paul Hindenburg ..Lord Kichener

oh & linking Bowie's beard inTin Machine to the grunge revolution!?

& as for the clean shaven...Maggie...nead I say more..

Slán
+ ta Merrick

S
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Nov 29, 2001, 18:03
Oh no! I too have played Carry On Drinking with Up The Jungle. We'd split the 40 prompts between 5 of us, butn unfortunately I got 'Bernard Bresslaw Is Dressed As An Ethnic Minority'.

The only fair way to play the game is to get several Carry On films on separate tapes and keep swapping between them every 5 minutes or so.
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Re: Oh how I laughed..?!
Nov 29, 2001, 18:04
the Beards As Tools Of Revolution article from Rooted 2 is online at http://home.freeuk.net/rooted/beards.html

The bit about Tin Machine as proto-grunge I mean in all seriousness, btw.
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Nov 29, 2001, 18:33
yeah, merrick, but if you remember i had sid james cackles... and even worse; "a character whose name is a pun"... seem to remember having some difficulty standing up after a while of that game.
Schlager Man
118 posts

Nov 30, 2001, 08:40
So were/ are ya a Tin Machine fan??

I really thought the 1st album rocked...It's a shame that the 2nd 80% sucked like donkeys..

Did ya get the cd yet Merrick?...I nearly included the live Country-style version of Tin Machine's Bus Stop..but went in a totally different direction.

Slán

S
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Dec 06, 2001, 21:13
Ay up Schlager, yep I got yer Cd but haven't played it yet cos I've been maaaaad busy, like.

Yeah, Tin Machine rocked! Bowie, back from nearly a decade of increasingly sterile poppiness and getting together a real *band*. I saw them live and they kicked massive ass, the jammed and jammed.

The first album's a dense one, it takes a few listens for the tracks to really separate out, but the ferocity and drive is amazing.

The second album was sooo patchy, but the singles were really good.

Did anyone out there get the live album? I never did but I heard it was actually pretty good.
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index