951 posts

Let's whup ass!
Oct 12, 2005, 14:45
http://media.putfile.com/On-The-Streets-Of-America-3
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: Let's whup ass!
Oct 12, 2005, 15:41
Looking farther down the link, those (apparently, I'm not sure) were actors and not common US citizens. But then I think the US heard are just as ignorant as that anyways. I should know...
Lawrence
9547 posts

Oct 12, 2005, 15:42
err, I meant herd.
wychburyman
951 posts

Oct 12, 2005, 16:32
yeah, i think it was an Australian accent on the newsreader as well, which made me suspicious
Lawrence
9547 posts

Oct 12, 2005, 17:25
Well Australian accents are pretty similar to the ones you hear in places like New York City...
Rolling Ronnie
Rolling Ronnie
1468 posts

Oct 12, 2005, 18:11
Errrrr.....NAH!
Lugia
970 posts

Oct 12, 2005, 18:21
Have to admit, I'm suspicious of that bit of tape as well. It seems like a fabrication...especially considering that these days nearly 2/3rds of the US now realizes that Dumbya's 'pre-emptive war' in Iraq and go-nowhere escapade in Afghanistan have made things more unstable rather than otherwise.

Yes, there are still some stupid people in America like that, but they either had to work really hard to come up with morons on those peoples' level, or many of those people are plants.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Oct 12, 2005, 18:32
"or many of those people are plants."

If it's true, more like vegetables.
Lugia
970 posts

Oct 12, 2005, 20:39
Well-cultivated ones.

We have a problem over here right now with 'planted' news. It's very disruptive, as it works in this viral "I saw it on [TV, Internet, etc], so it must be true" manner. The biggest conduit for it, of course, is FOX "News", which really is just a propaganda channel for the neocons, but they try and sneak stuff through in loads of other ways, and it wouldn't surprise me all that much that this might be another product of that.
PlateOfFood
PlateOfFood
141 posts

Oct 13, 2005, 13:51
It's from an Australian comedy show, I believe, hence the presenter's accent and the jokey news headlines scrolling across.

I've no doubt they spoke to a lot of nice wise Americans who they didn't use in the clip, but they went out expecting to find enough of the type of people they showed - who'd fall for the maps where Australia was labelled Iran or Korea etc - and they found them.
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index