This topic is locked

Pages: 17 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Re: In praise of the obvious
Aug 25, 2005, 20:10
Mike, can I ask again...what is a 'DNA transmitter'?
Wiggy
1696 posts

Aug 25, 2005, 20:22
Mmmmm...
Ok, they will hand you books at the Library or in a bookshop. Plus, I am kind of handing them to you metaphorically and in good grace here. There's no need to Troll me - I have not done that to you.

I don't find Leonard "pig ignorant" although he does seem a tad intolerant and insensitive at times. However, that does not diminish his undoubted intellect in my view. If yr going to argue with him (and I don't mind if you do or you don't) I think you need to have a handle on the discourse.

As for "picking bits out of The Bible" ......!!! Well, I'm sure you've read more Icke than me, but believe it or not, I have read some of his stuff/ followed up yr recommendations, and when I said that I found what he has to say about America to be interesting, that's what I meant. Ultimately, I feel Icke doesn't stand up to close scrutiny, but he's an interesting figure, and not the freak some people would have us think.

Western Science may well be a cultural construct, but I do think evidence and a "testable" hypothosis are friends of the truth.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Aug 25, 2005, 21:12
It's the double helix of DNA. It's a crystalline transmitter and receiver of frequencies, just like your mobile phone or online computer. The DNA is the software, your brain the CPU.

DNA is crystalline. And a receiver and transmitter.
Ummmm, no Mike, it's not.

Now what?
Zastrozzi
Zastrozzi
144 posts

Aug 25, 2005, 23:29
Mike, surely you’ll concede that there’s an awful lot you’ve said which needs expansion or explanation for those of us who don’t know. Please understand, I’m genuinely not opposed to you and this isn’t antagonistic, but bearing in mind that you can’t expect people to take some of the things you say simply on trust, could you please offer us explanations for the following assertions you’ve made:

‘The ocean of energy consists of seven individual energies’ – What is the ‘ocean of energy’ and what are the seven individual energies of which is consists?

‘Seven is the number of GOD’ – based on what?

‘Phi is the pictorial expression of GOD’ – Phi is a ratio, not a pictorial expression – please explain.

‘Aum is the frequency of GOD’ – measured how? The SI unit of frequency is the Hertz.

‘The other 99.995% of known energy, (plus all the others we're not even aware of) is where we find the other dimensions. Some refer to these as The Spirit World, The After Life and Heaven for example.’ – again, based on what evidence?

“Our DNA is incomplete, usually two strand in Mr Average. It should be twelve. This explains why only a very small proportion of our brain is utilized. Animal DNA is different, they have an extra sense.” – this conflicts with the scientific literature which says that all DNA is two-strand; please explain. Also, bearing in mind that humans share a very large proportion of their DNA code with most of the mammals on this planet, please explain in what way ‘animal DNA is different’.

“It's the double helix of DNA. It's a crystalline transmitter and receiver of frequencies, just like your mobile phone or online computer. The DNA is the software, your brain the CPU.” – No scientific literature that I’ve been able to find has ever depicted this as a role for DNA. What sources are you using?

What is your evidence of the ‘Lower Fourth’ you mention – which I presume refers to the ‘lower fourth dimension’ mentioned by David Icke?

Leonard, like myself and I daresay a number of others here is coming at this from a scientific background. The key about that is that if you can provide us with a testable hypothesis and reproducible results, we won’t have any choice; we’ll HAVE to believe you. Our minds are open: give us the facts and we’re yours. I personally would be fascinated to see any evidence you have for the Reptilian Shapeshifter Conspiracy – and I’m really not being sarcastic here, I promise.

The floor is yours.

Zxi
nigelswift
8112 posts

Aug 26, 2005, 08:06
"No's not good enough Nige'. Explain yourself please."

Au contraire Michael.
An unsubstantiated "No" is the only possible response to your unsubstantiated "Yes".

Substantiate your Yes and I'll either offer a more detailed rebuttal or perhaps, if your explanation is substantial, I may even respond with an unequivocal Yes. 'Tis all the same to me, this is a discussion, not a contest.

But please, he who makes a bald assertion first cannot complain if it prompts a bald counter-assumption.
Zastrozzi
Zastrozzi
144 posts

Aug 26, 2005, 08:12
The other side, of course, is that if you can't provide a testable hypothesis and reproducible results, then what you're operating on is faith, not fact, and we should all be clear about that. At present, you're presenting what you say as fact.
Wiggy
1696 posts

Aug 26, 2005, 09:11
How am I supposed to have an informed and open-minded discussion with someone who says "I don't buy books or use the Library"?
And do you honestly think I can share the total sum of my knowledge/understanding on any given subject thread that I may become involved in here, on a message board? Actually, I think plenty of folk here have at least outlined their understanding of how scientific enquiry should proceed - it is a generally accepted consensus which you need to understand if you are going to be taken seriously.
I am going to say once more, that I do not doubt your experiences as you felt/feel them, but the rules of science and the rules of poetry are different.
Perhaps like you, I am more at home with poetry, but I've made the effort to understand science so I can understand and talk to the scientists.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Aug 26, 2005, 18:17
"Fact or faith? Mmmm. Homoeopathy? Placebo? Telepathy and remote viewing? science, fact or faith?"

No. Pure perception, leading to faith.
Why seek to dress it up differently, since you patently have absolutely nothing with which to do so?

Why not come clean Mike, that's exactly what underlies everything you say, nothing more. If you did, I don't suppose anyone would have the least reason to attack you or what you say.

(Though taking a 400 square foot purple swastika to Avebury was still a loutish thing to do).
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Aug 26, 2005, 22:03
Mike, you've already (1) said that children are more open to your exhortations.

You seem keen to at least (2) *prove* that you can heal people if they believe you.

1 + 2 = A career in curing terminally ill children who you can convince will live. It's got to make more sense than trying to convince people on megalithic message boards that swastilas are cool and you are a lizard? Seriously?

Have you thought about that?
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Aug 26, 2005, 22:40
I was accepting your challenge to 'test' your super special powwers Mike.

Not for me, but for the children. Go heal them. Go. DOn't waste your time trying to convince old bastards like us that there are lizardoid freaks ruling our world when you can heal children. I'm testing you, if that's what you want.

Now go...
Pages: 17 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ] This topic is locked

U-Know! Forum Index